Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
I'm sorry but because you cant play the game automatically no other fed team has a 50/50 win rate?
I'm sorry, what does your brainless post in any way refute my argument?

I say PvP as federation would still be unenjoyable even if you won half the time and you say I'm a bad player because I don't win half the time?

That's more like a driveby insult than an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ulogy View Post
i agree but if they nerf cloak to the point that it is useless then i definately want something in return
Well who ever said cloaking had to be useless? I said it had to be nerfed, but that's not the same as saying it has to be made completely unviable.

Ok, for example imagine this:

The possible decloak range for science vessels is 20km, however, decloaking is based on chance.

The chance goes up the faster you are moving while cloaked. If you're going full impulse it's 100%, if you're sitting perfectly still it's like 1%.

Also the closer you get the bigger the chance of becoming decloaked becomes. So if you're at a full stop but the science ship is 1km from you the chance of becoming decloaked also becomes 100% about.

You don't know if you have been decloaked or not, and you have to judge by the science ships action wether or not he sees you. For example, if you think you may have been spotted because a science vessel is coming straight at you you could reverse course and see if it matches to intercept. If it does, you know you were made, so you have no reason to still stay hidden, just punch it and get the hell out of there. If he doesn't change course he most likely didn't see you, but you can't be sure, he might be faking to lure you closer.

That kind of thing would be an interesting and gratifying use of cloak. It would take a smart player to cloak right, and it would take a smart player to get a cloaker by the balls, but it wouldn't simply be a situation where nobody can ever catch you no matter what.


Think about Submarine Warfare in WW2. Torpedos back then were unguided, so in order to fire the submarine had to surface, exposing itself to its enemies. Torpedos were insanely dangerous because they carried several tons of high explosives and struck below the waterline. However, submarines were not invisible. After sonar and water bombs were invented they could sometimes be hunted down and destroyed despite their ability to dive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Lol duh... Make a Klingon if you don't like to be on the defensive all the time... Klingons are the opposite of your problem... In pugs, we can't seem to coordinate well, no one spot to go too... Your problem is that you are some type of fed loyalist as opposed to being a gamer first. On the plus side, end game Klingons have ships with no cloak... So pick your side, have fun!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Point being that YOU are just YOU, there are alot of people that ARENT YOU that have worked out how to enjoy the game, and WIN and be FEDS at the same time.

YOU seem to think YOU know what everyone else thinks and are trying to impose your silly ideas on them.

I havent even tried to offer you an argument, just a suggestion that telling everyone that they havent managed a 50/50 win ratio, just because you havent is probably not a good way to start.

Until you work out how to see a cloaked ship closer than 2k in a sci vessel, you shouldnt be calling for nerf threads. Threads asking for help YES.

And if you dont like arena matches go play capture and hold. You'll know where the klingons are/were most recently, if you ask for help on using your ship and skills you'll then be able to scan them out pretty easily most of the time. Then you'll be on the offensive, having fun and maybe even winning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Lol duh... Make a Klingon if you don't like to be on the defensive all the time...
Well some people may find it boring to have a game where one faction is always on the defensive and the other always on the offensive by default.

I just hope that Cardassians come in as a faction soon so we can fight some uncloaked people and have some acctual fun.

I am also looking forward to Romulans coming in, because I would laugh hard when two cloaked fleets tried to fight each other with the current overpoweredness of cloaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
Point being that YOU are just YOU, there are alot of people that ARENT YOU that have worked out how to enjoy the game, and WIN and be FEDS at the same time.
Ahh, right, my oppinion is biased because you have a different one which isn't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
I am also looking forward to Romulans coming in, because I would laugh hard when two cloaked fleets tried to fight each other with the current overpoweredness of cloaking.
umm KvK is 2 stealthed fleets going at each other and is usually alot more fun then most FvK matches as both sides usually grasp the basic concept of team work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
So when FvF comes out, what nerfs will the Feds call for then?

Korthok
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, and I bet nobody ever uncloaks in those matches just so some fighting finally happens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortofuego
So when FvF comes out, what nerfs will the Feds call for then?
I doubt they would play KvF matches anymore because thei're boring and pointless. Putting an entire faction on the defensive by default is easily one of the top ten worst game design choices in an MMO ever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Oh, and I bet nobody ever uncloaks in those matches just so some fighting finally happens. .
if its 2 premades that have some sense then cloak is rarely used.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ulogy View Post
if its 2 premades that have some sense then cloak is rarely used.
Exactly my point, because it is boring as all hell to stare at empty space for an eternity. When you play Klingon vs. Klingon nobody cloaks up because they know that if they cloak up then their enemies cloak up and the game will turn to crap. If you play Federation and the Klingons cloak up you can't do anything to discourage them from it, you can only sit there huddled in a pile and wait for them to make a move.

It's boring to be on the defensive by default. If your enemy is the one making all the choices, when to fight, where to fight, how to fight, whom to fight and you can't make any choice, you can only try to prepare as best you can for whatever your enemy you just don't feel like it's a fair fight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaciouszzzz View Post
Out of curiosity have you encountered many science ships in your PvP battles? I fly mine into PvP sometimes, and I am normally the only one their. But the science ship's ability to detect cloak gives the feds some edge.
thanks... atleast some feds have some brains and try to think of tactics instead of qq on forums.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.