Lt. Commander
# 1 Everybody Get Viral Matrix
02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
All you have to do is hit with this... and you win. Easy.

Oh wait.. science team... oh wait.. you have 2 or 3 viral matrixes on your bar..GREAT....

You win again.

GOOD TIMES
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
would this be the ability that keeps reseting my cooldowns?

that one sucks
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti4-6 View Post
would this be the ability that keeps reseting my cooldowns?

that one sucks
No, viral matrix is the one that holds you for half a minute without being able to do anything unless you have the attack pattern to counter it or a team mate removes it from you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
No, viral matrix is the one that holds you for half a minute without being able to do anything unless you have the attack pattern to counter it or a team mate removes it from you.
ah, yeah...that one sucks too.....

Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:

Oh wait.. science team... oh wait.. you have 2 or 3 viral matrixes on your bar..GREAT....

You win again.

GOOD TIMES
Blindly using Science Team I (at 9/9) makes you immune to Viral Matrix 2/3 of the time; meaning there's only a 15 second window out of every 45 seconds where you can possibly be locked out. If you're a Klingon player, pop it right as you begin your attack, since that's the most probable time for a Federation player to try and Viral Matrix you.

If that sort of blind, skill-free usage of an Ensign ability isn't good enough for you, and you want to totally 100% nullify the only space-based crowd control in the game, go ahead and pick up a second Science Team and alternate them. Afterall, you'll be in at least T3 before you have to worry about Viral Matrix, and every ship in that tier is capable of having two Science Teams.

Or, you could of course try and coordinate a bit with your team. While many people in pickup groups don't care about you at all, and won't lift a finger to try and support you, some of us will. Not to mention the fact that I hope to someday see a competitive PvP system of premade teams playing each other, with some extra exclusive rewards, based on how well your team performs. In such cases Viral Matrix will basically be a wasted Bridge Officer slot, unless some changes get made.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post

You win again.

GOOD TIMES
Science team, looking at the desc, is meant to continuously cleanse for 30sec
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
space pvp is broken anyways course of the stronger klingonships
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Viral matrix kept screwing me over so I used attack pattern omega. It's a really nice ability actually. The way skills work in this game is they either screw someone over, or counter/block being screwed over. You just have to work with what you have and keep some aces up your sleeve.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Lol stronger Klingon ships! I have killed every t2 ship in game... And every T2 ship has killed me! So fail
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Viral matrix kept screwing me over so I used attack pattern omega. It's a really nice ability actually. The way skills work in this game is they either screw someone over, or counter/block being screwed over. You just have to work with what you have and keep some aces up your sleeve.
attack pattern omega is the ****z.