Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandarei
Efficiency broke recently. It's fixed internally and you should see the fix soon, but I'm not sure when.

You should be able to see constant shield regeneration from the nanites. The increments on the shield bar are not as granular as your shield strength, so it can be healing when you aren't seeing movement. The combination of the shield pop mechanic and needing to constantly take damage makes it hard to see what's happening. You can mouseover the shield indicatior and see it increasing.

Health regen happens in chunks. Each time you regen a chunk of health, the nanites will increase that chunk. It's not steady like the shield regen, but I'm seeing it happen in combat.

That said, it may still be providing less benefit than intended. I'll take a look at it.
Thank You for taking the time to respond, and further investigate!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
Um Ashandarel is it normal to have Efficient (before official release) and max Starship Warp Core Training skill and still have ship power levels at 53/50? Did the skills that improve power levels break too? It's not even a full +5 as Delsynora said.
Efficient is not a +5 to your power levels. It's a +5 to the four stats in the trait - you can find them in the Starship Engineering skill tree. If that translated to +5 power level, then purchasing those skills would give you +52 base power to your systems. The amount of power it gives is based on a formula, where you get greater returns when you're at low power levels.

For the traits that affect power levels, you won't actually see the power bonus until you purchase one rank of the skill. It's something we're looking into.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
You know what, I can't even see the traits on any of the stats tabs anymore. It's like they aren't being applied at all, or they would show.

I do have all 53/50 levels in Balanced with levels 7 Starship Warpcore Training and I thikn I got Warp Theorist. This skill is showing 26. Did anything that improves ship levels break? Either this is Effecient giving the 3, or Warp Core Training is giving an obcenely low bonus. One of those.

I can't recall what innates I chose since I can't seem to see them anymore on the Stats tab.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandarei
Efficient is not a +5 to your power levels. It's a +5 to the four stats in the trait - you can find them in the Starship Engineering skill tree. If that translated to +5 power level, then purchasing those skills would give you +52 base power to your systems. The amount of power it gives is based on a formula, where you get greater returns when you're at low power levels.

For the traits that affect power levels, you won't actually see the power bonus until you purchase one rank of the skill. It's something we're looking into.
I find that in general there is a lack of stat information on the Ship Info and Character Sheet. Our traits should show up on the character sheet regardless of if we spent points in the ability or not. Additionally, it would be nice to see how these abilities and items translate to our ship...IE iif I equip phasers that increase my Crit Severity by x amount, I should see that on my ships stats page, but I don't. We also don't see how all the stats increase other things either. I bugged the Pre-Order Chromimum Armor becuase it wasn't updating the stats the on the Character page correctly.

It would be useful for us to know how these stats actually effect our abilities, ship, and equipment. x% of Crit doesn't use the same formula as +x Crit Serverity, so knowing what +20 crit serverity translates too would make it easier for us to determine builds and equipment.

I personnally would rather an information overload, than a lack of information. I know that is complicated, but exactly how much does +1 pt of Aux do for us? It is better than spending points in an Aux tree?....we don't really know because we have no idea what these numbers truely mean.

Just saying....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Okay I looked it up again and I see it doesn't actually raise power levels. Sorry about the derail of the thread a little, but I don't get something.

I personally don't understand how a 26 in Warp Core training after innate and level 7 in the skill gives only +3 in power levels. I spent an innate and 600 points on this and only get 3? Please, mind shedding a little light on what happened with that formula?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
That's an awesome respones. Thank you so much for looking into this, Ashandarei. I feel special!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
You know what, I can't even see the traits on any of the stats tabs anymore. It's like they aren't being applied at all, or they would show.

I do have all 53/50 levels in Balanced with levels 7 Starship Warpcore Training and I thikn I got Warp Theorist. This skill is showing 26. Did anything that improves ship levels break? Either this is Effecient giving the 3, or Warp Core Training is giving an obcenely low bonus. One of those.

I can't recall what innates I chose since I can't seem to see them anymore on the Stats tab.
In regards to power settings and skills, here is my Beginner's Guide to Ship's Power. It explains things a bit. I'm still working on the effects that Efficiency skills have on power settings.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=90523
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Now that a Dev has weighed in on this topic, any word on a fix for the other extras we were promised for the Borg BO pre-order reward, like the Nano Probes and Neural Blast?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
My Borg's Neural Blast seems to be constantly grayed out like it was on cooldown, even when it's available. I bugged it a couple days ago, but was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidhe View Post
My Borg's Neural Blast seems to be constantly grayed out like it was on cooldown, even when it's available. I bugged it a couple days ago, but was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.
I hate how useless it is. Melee range? What do I look like here, a warrior? If I'm in melee range, I've done something wrong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.