Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Indeed, acadamy.

Also, the shield strength is transferred from you. If you have full shields you do more.

But it stacks with medical teams, so you can do both and fully repair shields.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Plus I I don't think science team is directional. Just find ally in trouble and send some shield juice. The buffs are nice as was pointed out.

I use a combo that goes like this -
Find ally getting hit by a battle ship = science team him so he lives long enough to run.
Then agro the battle ship - jam targeting sensors so it can't hurt me for ten seconds. By then I have planned my attack or escape.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I like to keep Jam Sensors on one of my Science BOs, just in case a Klink with a Polaron Cannon decides he doesn't like me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
Science Team also buffs for 30 Seconds. And it's pretty nice buffs too. I know there's a shield damage reduction in there, and the last I saw it was ~11%, which might be based on Aux, cause in OB on my Sci ship it was like 30% reduction, and that had higher Aux power, or maybe they just nerfed it.

Anyhow, while it's heal isn't giant, it makes up for it with the 30 second damage reduction.
yea I think the science team buff is -20% dmg on shields for 30 sec. That tpgether with the Hazard EMitters which is 30% dmg less in general makes u like 50% less dmg for 30sec and heal at the same time. Pretty imba. Which brings me back to my point here. These 2 Esign Abilities are much better than the Lieutnant Ability Transfer Shield Strneght. Which is mega weird.

By the way, the link for the healing specc...It mixes up ground and space and says nothing about abilites. Not very useful for me. Thanks anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post

Also, the shield strength is transferred from you. If you have full shields you do more.

But it stacks with medical teams, so you can do both and fully repair shields.

It does more with full shields ? It doesnt say so in the info. And when I used it yesterday I didnt have the impression my own shield power has any effect on it. I gonna check this again later.

What u mean by medial teams ?

About the general tip I have seen here 2 times: U guys think to heal a ally, let him escape and take over aggro is best use of science team ? It would mean to waste the -20% buff. Isnt it better to use the science team early enough to make your ally live longer ?