Lt. Commander
# 1 Its a shame
02-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I was sitting there playing and i realized this game just isnt that fun. I mean i like the idea of ship to ship combat but its all the same on the kling side. We only have 2 ship types until the third tier 90% of us are tac officers because until your like in your 30s all the ships are for pure combat. I see why the feds cry about pvp all the time but they have to understand we dont have cruisers or ships that support our fleet we have DPS thats it. I did beta and the early start i just dont see this game being here in a year.

I hope im wrong though the idea of this game is great and the first few weeks i played were fun but its the same thing day in day out same BG same tactics. For anyone that says mix it up with ground combat they must have skiped it. Thats dam near unplayable i mean steal another games combat system and put your skins on it. I would rather play a bad clone then a broken and unbalanced system you guys have in. And yes its a new game but they have "fixed it" a few times already and its worse then when they started.

But it is a shame this game could be so much more. But from my personal history with this company ( Champions online anyone) im not holding my breath. But they say its gonna be better soon ! so ill give them till my free 30 days are up and then im out and you can bet on the fact im not the only one
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I appreciate what you are saying and understand where you are coming from.

The game has a ton of potential and so far, I think it's been fantastic, both space and ground. I have minor complaints, but when I login each night, I have fun. Yeah, it's early, and that may change - but things will be added as well.

As for the game not being here in a year? I doubt that will happen. Even the worse of games lasted several years. This game is far from being considered the "worse".

I don't really bother getting into details about defending STO or Cryptic, as it's pointless. So I'll leave it at that. Hopefully you stick around to see how things turn out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:00 PM
It will become better ofcourse you just have to give it time. I know I'd hate this game if it wasn't for the fact I was in a fleet. If you still play klingon drop down to our teamspeak and join up a group for something. It's really fun, learning to become better, planning about spec and equipment setup. Talking about team tactics and how to make the federation cry about our cloaks xD
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraWolf View Post
It will become better ofcourse you just have to give it time. I know I'd hate this game if it wasn't for the fact I was in a fleet. If you still play klingon drop down to our teamspeak and join up a group for something. It's really fun, learning to become better, planning about spec and equipment setup. Talking about team tactics and how to make the federation cry about our cloaks xD
agree but seriously: that can' t be the only thing to do in a MMO. Yes, they say we get some things but remember: Klingons came out 5 weeks ago now and not the fewest new content is in like missions for azure nebula(very important where to get explore badges???), mission for rura pente, ressource ground battle (still broken!!!), some stupid more costumization for us whereas the costumes are in the game you can see NPCs wearing it or just better gear in Kahless Expanse, ground fleet action and gear for our missions. Thats what makes me wonder most: why do we not get gear rewards for our missions but the feds get the best blue items??? I hope you understand my point. The things I mentioned out is not the big deal, I think Cryptic could have made it in a few days but insteat of this they are planning more and more for the feds. Feds vs Feds is coming. Hmmm, was'nt there an interwiev where Craig said: Klingons are about PvP so Klingons and only Klingons can fight each other??? If they want to do faction equal then I want to see the same content on the Klingons side and not only random missions. If Feds get Feds vs Feds then I want "my" Klingon campaign but not one word said about this. Really I like this game. In fact I subscribed one year but I am disappointed of Cryptics promises what never come true as seen in CO until now. If any other man (not company) had said things in an interwiev what just is not true one had called him liar. Until today the only important statements about Klingons I know where from Jackaloupe and a few days ago a state of the game letter. No excuse or something like this. We have to take it as it is and give them our hard earned money. I don' t know if this is the right way to handle costumers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Renak View Post
agree but seriously: that can' t be the only thing to do in a MMO. Yes, they say we get some things but remember: Klingons came out 5 weeks ago now and not the fewest new content is in like missions for azure nebula(very important where to get explore badges???), mission for rura pente, ressource ground battle (still broken!!!), some stupid more costumization for us whereas the costumes are in the game you can see NPCs wearing it or just better gear in Kahless Expanse, ground fleet action and gear for our missions. Thats what makes me wonder most: why do we not get gear rewards for our missions but the feds get the best blue items??? I hope you understand my point. The things I mentioned out is not the big deal, I think Cryptic could have made it in a few days but insteat of this they are planning more and more for the feds. Feds vs Feds is coming. Hmmm, was'nt there an interwiev where Craig said: Klingons are about PvP so Klingons and only Klingons can fight each other??? If they want to do faction equal then I want to see the same content on the Klingons side and not only random missions. If Feds get Feds vs Feds then I want "my" Klingon campaign but not one word said about this. Really I like this game. In fact I subscribed one year but I am disappointed of Cryptics promises what never come true as seen in CO until now. If any other man (not company) had said things in an interwiev what just is not true one had called him liar.
I know what you mean, but aslong as the pvp stays somewhat balanced, like it is right now. It will be fun for one. It's not everyone's game and it can get boring sometimes, but just switch game for abit. my favourite other games are Dota, Starcraft, Counter Strike and TF2.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:20 PM
it IS a shame. Cryptic sold us on 'it's a Star Trek MMO!' and the Federation side just...doesnt...feel star trek.

the Fed 'Episodic' content, is kinda nice...but they're all the same. variations on the theme, just like Klingon PvP. so, i dont think we're really missing out on much.

this game, any MMO w/Star Trek at the front, has a great deal of potential-and that's what Cryptics selling us now-potential and promises.

they failed to provide a fresh, innovative Star Trek MMO and now they're saying, 'hold on, give us 45 days, it'll be waaaaay cooler then.' well, the gameplay now isn't too great...pretty standard. fun, yes, but it gets boring kinda quick. i honestly can't see the point in grinding Cracked PLanetoid for the 5000th time at Admirall rank.

Cryptic sold me on Star Trek. they sold me on Klingons NOT being a 'monster-play' faction.
now they want me to wait 45 days to have the second half of the game (Klingon content) released?

i just dont know if i'm buying it.
fool me once...
and yes, it's a shame....