Lt. Commander
# 1 Amazon preoder but no key
01-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I read on Amazon that if I show the pple in charge that i have a preorder, they will let me in. Who do I talk to?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
bumping because i need help and want to play tomorrow after work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I believe it's support@crypticstudios.com

Hope you get it sorted soon! I gave up on Amazon.com. After a week of arguing with them, I cancelled my preorder and preordered at my local Gamestop.

Amazon.com just fails at special promotions, otherwise they're pretty good.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I pre-ordered HMV. Got the codes, cancelled the pre-order and went with Amazon for delivery

I decided I wanted the borg BO instead of the tribble. HMV were top on the codes and will order from them if I get another account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 04:28 AM
I had the same problem with Amazon.

First I pre-ordered two copies, one as a Christmas gift for a friend but they would only give me "one code per customer." So I canceled my order and ordered it on a different account.

Four days later (last day to pre-order) I still hadn't recieved a code so I called Amazon's customer service. The lady told me she couldn't help, that only their promotional department could and there was no way for them to contact them other than email (unbelievable) and that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I told them that was unacceptable since head-start was tomorrow (which was half of what I was paying for) and it was the last day to pre-order. I told them if there was a problem with my order, I wanted it resolved now.

She said she was sorry, that there was nothing they could do about it so I asked to speak with her supervisor. Her supervisor came on and asked to put me on hold. When she came back she said she "did some checking and there was a code with my account but apparently they forgot to send it out." She gave it to me over the phone and also emailed me a copy. I put it in while I had her on the phone and everything worked.

Not a very good system they've got over there but luckily I was persitant.

Try that and I hope it works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 04:30 AM
I got my code the day beta started and it worked fine from amazon.co.uk
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Species919
I had the same problem with Amazon.

First I pre-ordered two copies, one as a Christmas gift for a friend but they would only give me "one code per customer." So I canceled my order and ordered it on a different account.

Four days later (last day to pre-order) I still hadn't recieved a code so I called Amazon's customer service. The lady told me she couldn't help, that only their promotional department could and there was no way for them to contact them other than email (unbelievable) and that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I told them that was unacceptable since head-start was tomorrow (which was half of what I was paying for) and it was the last day to pre-order. I told them if there was a problem with my order, I wanted it resolved now.

She said she was sorry, that there was nothing they could do about it so I asked to speak with her supervisor. Her supervisor came on and asked to put me on hold. When she came back she said she "did some checking and there was a code with my account but apparently they forgot to send it out." She gave it to me over the phone and also emailed me a copy. I put it in while I had her on the phone and everything worked.

Not a very good system they've got over there but luckily I was persitant.

Try that and I hope it works for you.
When I asked, both of the female Customer Service employees I spoke with on the phone at Amazon.com told me that they don't have any Customer Service supervisors. I laughed at that and they still refused to cooperate. I got the same story about the Promotions dept. being email-only, even for other Amazon employees.