Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Can some of the people at cryptic please find a way to bad these accounts. I've gotten over 50 friggin messages since beta wanting me to buy credits for real world cash. I DON'T WANT IT AND I DON'T LIKE GETTING SPAM IN A GAME THAT I HAVE PAID FOR.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:18 AM
they wouldnt sell it if fed momos didnt buy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:18 AM
same, if i wanted to play some crap with no economy id go to wow
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Every mmo has it. Just wait till the 8th, when everyone needs a retail account to log in. ATM, all they have done is pre-order multiple copies, get the key, then cancel the pre-order. Soon as you need a registered retail key to play, you wont see any more. And of you do it will be the players fault for allowing their accounts to be keylogged.

On that note, remember, in all liklihood, they wont return your stuff should you get hacked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2010, 03:30 AM
You guys do realise there is NO economy in STO right?

These gold sellers are preying on the ignorant right now, but in about 3-4 weeks when your all admirals and captains and have bought your last item you'l be sitting there wondering what your gonna spend all that energy cred on...

If anything it will become a running joke about how many energy creds you have "banked"

So far every 10 levels when I get a new ship.. I check the exchange to see if there is some slightly better equipment then what I currently have from just loot drops.. usually there isn't. I have racked up 400k+ credits.. not counting the credits I HAVE spent on the 3-4 things I did buy.. I am 10 levels from cap.. which I'll be at in probably another day.. what will I buy then?

Please level up some more and just ignore the gold sellers, because THEY aren't ruining the economy that simply doesn't exist in the first place...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosafer_of_borg View Post
Can some of the people at cryptic please find a way to bad these accounts. I've gotten over 50 friggin messages since beta wanting me to buy credits for real world cash. I DON'T WANT IT AND I DON'T LIKE GETTING SPAM IN A GAME THAT I HAVE PAID FOR.

Thank you.
if you right click their name and select 'report spam' it will notify the GM's and also automatically add this person's @handle to your ignore list....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Cryptic just need to limit non subscription players access to mail and chat. Trial accounts still get to try out the game to see if they like it but the system cant be used to pester other players about their crap gold websites. SoE used a similar system in EQ2 and over night spam from the gold sellers vanished. Also a report gold farmer option is need to alert GMs right away about farmers spamming zones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 04:06 AM
There is not a fraking thing you can do about the 'gold sellers' unless Cryptic/Atari disallow free/open accounts on the forums and in STO and a future 'trial' account. limit Ensigns accounts from sending mails and posting pms. This is not going to happen because it would be a hindrance for new people to join (and new people = more money which is all any business cares about)

A gold seller doesn't even need to be in the game. They can just send an automated PM using the forums and you will see it in your STO mail. They can get a heap of player names and accounts to send their rubbish to by just doing a video capture of chat for a couple hours.

Just get ready for the 1 or 2 hundred mails a day these ****ers will send when they get there stuff up and running properly because Cryptic isn't about to spend time chasing them, they will ban the account and a new bogus one like 'ieuahsgde' will be made the next day.

I highly doubt they will give the option to receive mail only from friends/fleet list and system, because that would not take care of the problem , just hide it.

Its the bane of every game around.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Every mmo has it. Just wait till the 8th, when everyone needs a retail account to log in. ATM, all they have done is pre-order multiple copies, get the key, then cancel the pre-order. Soon as you need a registered retail key to play, you wont see any more. And of you do it will be the players fault for allowing their accounts to be keylogged.

On that note, remember, in all liklihood, they wont return your stuff should you get hacked.
They don't need a retail key to send spam, if they use the PM in the forum they can send to any account and it will show up in STO. Try it! you will see
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
You guys do realise there is NO economy in STO right?

These gold sellers are preying on the ignorant right now, but in about 3-4 weeks when your all admirals and captains and have bought your last item you'l be sitting there wondering what your gonna spend all that energy cred on...

If anything it will become a running joke about how many energy creds you have "banked"

So far every 10 levels when I get a new ship.. I check the exchange to see if there is some slightly better equipment then what I currently have from just loot drops.. usually there isn't. I have racked up 400k+ credits.. not counting the credits I HAVE spent on the 3-4 things I did buy.. I am 10 levels from cap.. which I'll be at in probably another day.. what will I buy then?

Please level up some more and just ignore the gold sellers, because THEY aren't ruining the economy that simply doesn't exist in the first place...
i spend my extra creds on my altz
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 AM.