Lt. Commander
There seem to be a lot of things you need to know in order to play this game - what does improving your emitters do, what is the difference between +deflectors and +deflector dish, how do you determine how to prioritize stats in any given situation, etc... A much more detailed manual that outlines all of these things is, in my opinion, very necessary. Is this in the works, or something being considered?

Also, on a different note - are you able to name 2 or more of your ships the same thing as long as you change the letter at the end of the registry number?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath... but I will answer a few of your questions.

Emitters, deflectors, etc are all science skill stats. Every science ability uses either the emitter, deflector, or sensor system of your ship, and within those systems there are subsystems. Deflector dish is a deflector subsystem, as opposed to say deflector field which is also a deflector subsystem but they apply to seperate abilities. Anything that adds to your deflector stat will affect any ability using one of it's subsystems.

You cannot have two ships with the same name on the same character, though someone else can have the same ship name. I'm not sure if the same applies to registry numbers or not, I've never tried.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Under ur chars skill window under the heading of Starship Operations there should be a box labelled, Starship Deflectors and another box near it named Starship Deflector Dish. What items with +Deflector and +Deflector Dish do is the same as these skill boxes I believe. What these skill boxes actually do tho Iím not 100% sure yet. My assumption would be that the Starship Deflectors box is for 1 set of abilities, possibly those mostly available at a low rank and Starship Deflector Dish is for abilities that are higher then the abilities the other box covered. The way my mind thinks it might work is that the deflector constantly has a deflector field active all the time and so some abilities will be extended from this field and so makes them less powerful then other abilities that come directly from the deflector dish.

Ofc I could be talking complete Cr*p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Champions Online had a strategy guide published a short time after release so I am sure ST:O will have one with a Collectors edition available for more cash grabbing! (I will still probably buy the collectors edition)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
Champions Online had a strategy guide published a short time after release so I am sure ST:O will have one with a Collectors edition available for more cash grabbing! (I will still probably buy the collectors edition)
The strategy guide for CO was a joke though only a glorified manual and it didn't do that well.

I hope if a strategy guide for STO comes out it is better than the CO guide or it will be a waste of money.