Lt. Commander
Is there any plan to enhance the accolade system?

I ask as the game has a lot of potential to utilise this mechanic, as i understand it its representation is similar to other mmo achievement systems.

I would like to see rewards result from some achievements, titles, items etc

I would also like to see some epic accolades, PvP accoladse, like kill 1000 klingons in space, etc etc You get the idea.

I believe it would give players more depth and additional reward.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwizz View Post
I would like to see rewards result from some achievements, titles, items
I'd rather not, If I wanted a game where people only play the missions for the Achievements to get a set title or some form of item thats better then standard loot I would go back to WoW

With Achievements people become petty to the point of excluding people because they don't meet the party leaders "Requirement"
EG: -Achievement gives an item- "Borg Hull regenator" or something like that (Makes your ship look like Voy in Scorpion)
Its in a zone where Captain ranked players would be, The team leader would want everyone to have the best Weapons / Armor / Consoles so they can get it over and done with or your not going to be allowed to join,

Going back to WoW, only as a reference point, They wouldn't take people that had Green quality gear, and you must have full blues or epics to go certain places

As for the accolades, I don't mind if they're "Kill 1000 Klingons" or such cause thats harmless fun, but when the Achievement is the only reason your playing the mission it makes it alot less enjoyable for those that are only grouped with you to have fun
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
I'd rather not, If I wanted a game where people only play the missions for the Achievements to get a set title or some form of item thats better then standard loot I would go back to WoW

With Achievements people become petty to the point of excluding people because they don't meet the party leaders "Requirement"
EG: -Achievement gives an item- "Borg Hull regenator" or something like that (Makes your ship look like Voy in Scorpion)
Its in a zone where Captain ranked players would be, The team leader would want everyone to have the best Weapons / Armor / Consoles so they can get it over and done with or your not going to be allowed to join,

Going back to WoW, only as a reference point, They wouldn't take people that had Green quality gear, and you must have full blues or epics to go certain places

As for the accolades, I don't mind if they're "Kill 1000 Klingons" or such cause thats harmless fun, but when the Achievement is the only reason your playing the mission it makes it alot less enjoyable for those that are only grouped with you to have fun
That's a very cynical view of the OP post.
I think it's a good idea to have titles,items and other things from accolades .
You'll always meet team leaders & fleet leaders who want the best ships and items for the job.They could be doing that now with the loot drops we already have.Who knows?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post

Belivee me you do not need an achievement system to get treated badly or not allowd on a team because you don't meet a leaders criteria. Plus the system they use on CO works well and for me I haven't encountered any bias becuase someone wanted an achievement. All it does is add another layer to the game.

Plus if someone doesn't want you on their team you don't want to play with them period. No matter why they kick you out. Simple, smile, move on. That's what I have done.