Lt. Commander
# 1 Cardassian Features
02-04-2010, 03:32 AM
I couldn't find a better forum to put this in. Suggestions of where this should be are appreciated.

I wanted to play a Cardassian character. When I went into the character creator, I was very happy to see most of the features were there.

However, I noticed a few pieces missing:

1. Chin. The cardassian chin is missing. They don't have beards, or spines or Coral growing out of their face. They have a goofy wedge chin.

https://commerce35.pair.com/mrwong/w...rdassian_Union

2. Neck. The cardassian neck is missing. This is partly obscured in STO by the tall shirts. However, the side of the neck should still be visible. Heck, it would be nice if we could have lower shirts to show off more of the neck. It is one of their few distinctive features and is always displayed on the males.

3. Uniforms. Since we're all flying federation ships, i imagine this would have to be an unlockable from the c-store, but that would be fine IMO. But a cardassian uniform would be cool.

I know the game needs a lot of work elsewhere with fixing bugs, but the art department doesn't fix bugs. They generate graphics. Thus, i ask for them to throw in these missing features for the cardassian nerds of the world.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Im hoping to play a cardassian crossbreed thing when I finally get into the game, god to read most of the features are there
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growkin View Post
Im hoping to play a cardassian crossbreed thing when I finally get into the game, god to read most of the features are there
Yeah, they have the head and brows correct. They're called "scaled" features. The ears (how they connect to the jaw line) are a bit funky, but ok. You have to select a receding hairline to get the hair right, but it looks good. Getting the skin color right isn't a problem with a large template of colors. It's just the chin and the neck they neglected. Overall, though, no one has any problem telling that you're playing a cardassian.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:23 AM
well the art resourses are already made to make cardassians as u fight the npc version. Im sure they will add cardassians to the c store in time. Id really love to play a cardassian with a full staff of jem hadar bo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Check out the Star Trek main page, under something like factions for game information. They have the Fed and Klingon symbols lit up and blurbs on them, but there are two symbols still dark, and unless I miss my guess, they are Romulan and Cardassian. Probably why they don't have fully featured versions in the alien builder.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:44 AM
You can make a Cardassian, no problem.

The Neck Scales are in the facial menu, same place you can pick "AgedXX" and stuff. If memory serves, the Ears are near the bottom and sort out the chin.

Myself and my mate both have Cardassians, sadly the options are limited and they do look quite similar.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
"Cardassian" here, too. Neck scales are in, but from what I remember aren't where you'd expect to see them. It's something like facial textures? Then just max your neck width when you get that option later on. It isn't perfect, but it's pretty close.

My idea behind playing one was that, since the Federation had a big hand in liberating Cardassia, and it was likely in disarray after the war, that it makes sense that some Cardassians might join starfleet. I was thrilled to see Bejorans as a premade race, but I always found Cardassians fascinating. /ds9lorenerd off
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 06:38 AM
My gf is Cardie-obsessed, and she spent quite a lot of time on her Cardassian character. The chin detail appears when the Neck Scales are selected. Aside from having a wider, sloped neck, and a female hairstyle that doesn't obscure the forehead 'spoon', she's made a pretty damn good replica.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
My friend there is the cardassian chin

I'll give you the speccs.

Base complexion: Neck Scales
Ears: long scales
Forehead: Scaled spoon
Nose: Scaled length

that is the cardassian features list.
I hope you like it
Astah Nyxium Geragh(Nyx-@Nyxium)