Lt. Commander
Does anyone know (or is able to point me to) exactly how this arena works. I have two main questions.

Fly to a control point and it gets small and changes colour, but when I fly off it goes back neutral. What is needed to 'lock' it in?

Exactly what causes the influence to drop, I've seen it with three points controlled by one team and two by the other, I've also seen it with one control point controlled and the other four white and plenty of other combinations. Anyone able to explain it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:35 AM
easy. Much like XP reward, it is actually based off of how much damage you side has.

That is why zerg balling around the map usually wins it for you....

well thats what I got... because i have no other idea. I felt like the point gain/loss was delayed. I also feel weird to leave a point because it will probably go back neutral just to spite me >_<
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:37 AM
It'll be like... oh no u just di'int gu--rl ... then revert back to FED side.. and ill be like.. baby iz all good... im not leavin u ...

and it'll instantly pop Klingon.... even though im in cloak...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:39 AM
My theory is you get more points if you're killing the enemy in territory they control. Would be nice if cryptic had a manual. Also as a side note, as a klingon I've noticed the icon won't turn from fed to your side unless you're uncloaked so physical presence plays some part.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Does anyone know (or is able to point me to) exactly how this arena works. I have two main questions.

Fly to a control point and it gets small and changes colour, but when I fly off it goes back neutral. What is needed to 'lock' it in?

Exactly what causes the influence to drop, I've seen it with three points controlled by one team and two by the other, I've also seen it with one control point controlled and the other four white and plenty of other combinations. Anyone able to explain it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Ok, here goes:

The flags start neutral (a white/grey spinning O with a cross through it).

When you fly onto a neutral flag, it goes your colour, in the case of Klingons it's kindof a yellowy flag, and if you look closely it's got a 'TV scan' going up/down the logo. [you must be uncloaked]

You then need to stay within range of the flag for ~1 minute (for 1 player) to capture the flag. It goes blue/red when captured and glitches a bit, it can be very hard to tell when it changes colour.

If you leave the flag before it's captured, then any opposition player nearing the flag will turn it neutral, and immediately start capturing it for his own team.

When capturing an opposition flag, it simply stays as it is, but with a white stripe on the logo.

---

The game takes the number of flags owned by each side, and applies a penalty to your opponent.

e.g. you have 2 captured flags, they have 3 captured flag = -1 points/second for your team.

NOTE:
- "capturing" flags do not count for anything.
- there's lag in calculating the next tick, so wait a couple of seconds to see whether it took effect.
- if 3 defenders and 4 attackers fight over a flag, the attackers are actually capturing the flag during the fighting... (4>3 so it captures at the same rate as 1 ship afaik)

The huge problem is the difficulty in telling whether a flag is captured. (it is not uncommon to leave a flag and have it immediately switch when an opponent enters it's range).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Ok, here goes:

When you fly onto a neutral flag, it goes your colour, in the case of Klingons it's kindof a yellowy flag, and if you look closely it's got a 'TV scan' going up/down the logo. [you must be uncloaked]

You then need to stay within range of the flag for ~1 minute (for 1 player) to capture the flag. It goes blue/red when captured and glitches a bit, it can be very hard to tell when it changes colour.

If you leave the flag before it's captured, then any opposition player nearing the flag will turn it neutral, and immediately start capturing it for his own team.

When capturing an opposition flag, it simply stays as it is, but with a white stripe on the logo.

---

The game takes the number of flags owned by each side, and applies a penalty to your opponent.

e.g. you have 2 captured flags, they have 3 captured flag = -1 points/second for your team.

NOTE:
- there's lag in calculating the next tick, so wait a couple of seconds to see whether it took effect.
- if 3 defenders and 4 attackers fight over a flag, the attackers are actually capturing the flag during the fighting... (4>3 so it captures at the same rate as 1 ship afaik)

The huge problem is the difficulty in telling whether a flag is captured. (it is not uncommon to leave a flag and have it immediately switch when an opponent enters it's range).
tyvm, all makes sense - I'll look harder to see when a flag has completed it's flip.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Ok, here goes:

---

NOTE:

Excellent info.