Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange - Suggestions.
02-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Additional Display Filters that i think should be addedd.

Filter By:
  1. Price
    • Displays items by price lowest to highest, in either accending or decencing order.
  2. Item Level ( MK IV, MK II)
    • Displays items by Level lowest to highest, in either accending or decencing order.
  3. Name
    • Displays items alphabetically in either accending or decencing order.
  4. Item Color Coding
    • when viewing the results of a search query in the exchange, change the font color for uncommon, rare and very rare items so they can be seen at a quick glance rather than having to hover over them

Additional Search Filters i think should be added.
  1. Wild card Searching
    • Perform a search for a string of words that can appear in any order in an items description. e.g (search: Phaser * MK IV - return a list of all phaser MK IV items ) .
  2. Search items descriptions
    • Allows players to search more spercifically for items containing spercific atributes that are only displayed in the items description.

and finally increase the players maximum itmes that can be sold from 20 to 50

also the over over tool tip can get very anoying how about we have a delay on mouse over untill it appears.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:32 AM
/support

Maybe change open-exchanges according to player level.
LT. - 10 open exchanges
Lt. Cmdr. - 20 open exchanges
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfgarion
Maybe change open-exchanges according to player level.
LT. - 10 open exchanges
Lt. Cmdr. - 20 open exchanges
That is acctually a great idea, just like you get an extra row in your inventory when you rank up you could get extra slots in the exchange, NICE !!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:39 AM
I'd just be happy with an explanation of how the exchange search works.
Certain key words bring up no items.
For example Combat (to find those nifty combat engines) would yield no results if I ask to search within impulse engine category.
Yet if I were to search for Mk IV, and scan through the list manually, I could find a half dozen combat engines with that particular designation.

This is just an example, and not a reflection of the current amount of combat engines out there on the exchange. Just to be clear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
I'd just be happy with an explanation of how the exchange search works.
Certain key words bring up no items.
For example Combat (to find those nifty combat engines) would yield no results if I ask to search within impulse engine category.
Yet if I were to search for Mk IV, and scan through the list manually, I could find a half dozen combat engines with that particular designation.

This is just an example, and not a reflection of the current amount of combat engines out there on the exchange. Just to be clear.

Currently the search function for the exchange dose not know how to wild card, by that i mean search for a string of words that can appear in any order in an items description.

When you run a search query containing more than a singe word the search engine assumes that each word comes after the next in the items description, so to look up spersific items you can use the following:

e.g

Combat Impulse Engines MK IV

Search will return thease if you use the following

Combat

Combat Impulse

Impulse Engines MK IV

also to limit your returned results you can filter by Player level )

Thease will return the following:

Any rank: Items MK I-X
Lieutenant: Items MK I - II
Leiutenant Command: Items MK III-VI
Commander: Items MK V-VI
Captin: Items MK VII-VIII
Admiral: Items MK IX-X

i could be wrong on a few of those.

and then thers the rarety
Any: Common-Very Rare Items
Common: common items only
Uncommon uncommon items only
Rare: rare items only
Very Rare: very rare items only

Personal rule of thumb when searching on the exchange, i never search within spercific categorys, i always search all categories and use the aforementioned filters to limit the returned results

[Update OP] when viewing the results of a search query in the exchange, change the font color for uncommon, rare and very rare items so they can be seen at a quick glance rather than having to hover over them[/Update OP]
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal-Access View Post
Currently the search function for the exchange dose know how to wild card, by that i mean search for a word or string of words that can appear in any order in an items description.

When you run a search query containing more than a singe word the search engine assumes that each word comes after the next in the items description, so to look up spersific items you can use the following:

e.g

Search will return thease if you use the following

Combat

Combat Impulse

Impulse Engines MK IV

also to limit your returned results you can filter by Player level )

Thease will return the following:

Any rank: Items MK I-X
Lieutenant: Items MK I - II
Leiutenant Command: Items MK III-VI
Commander: Items MK V-VI
Captin: Items MK VII-VIII
Admiral: Items MK IX-X

i could be wrong on a few of those.

and then thers the rarety
Any: Common-Very Rare Items
Common: common items only
Uncommon uncommon items only
Rare: rare items only
Very Rare: very rare items only

Personal rule of thumb when searching on the exchange, i never search within spercific categorys, i always search all categories and use the aforementioned filters to limit the returned results

[Update OP] when viewing the results of a search query in the exchange, change the font color for uncommon, rare and very rare items so they can be seen at a quick glance rather than having to hover over them[/Update OP]

Thanks for the info. This seems to help a whole lot. I'll be sure to write this down for reference.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Your Welcome
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 01:18 AM
/sign

please add this (after all u are the guys making the money here , and we are
the customers ^^)