Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
Hi everyone,

There is a lot of feedback on this forum, but I am sure that the developers have a hard time sorting it all out and getting a sense of what are the small things they can knock out really quick, and what larger things they should focus on first.

So let's make it easy for them.

Please list your top three requests for the devs in each of the following categories:

Short-term requests

These are small things that seem like they could maybe be done within a patch or two.

Examples:
Fixing a graphics glitch on a starship model
Adding additional NPC vendors to starbases
Tweaking something in the way the fleet interface works

Mid-term requests

These are things which realistically would take a couple of months for the devs to do, given dev time, testing, balancing, and so on.

Examples:
Adding more fleet actions past the crystalline entity
Strengthening the death penalty/difficulty
Overhauling Memory Alpha

Long-term requests

These are "direction of the game" kind of things. Stuff that you want them to do over the next year or two of the game's development.

Examples:
More choices in how to complete content - ie, maybe missions with a diplomatic rather than a pure combat solution depending on choices you make during the mission.
More stuff for fleets - fleet-owned starbases, "raid" interfaces that allow fleets to do fleet actions together, etc.
More playable factions (romulans, cardassians, etc)

Disclaimer: All of the examples above are just that, examples. They're not meant for you to agree or disagree with, just to give an idea of what type of requests might fall into each category.

Please try to keep your posts short and to the point so that it's easy for the devs to make lists out of them and check things off as they go. Please don't respond to other posters, instead just post what your top three in each category are. If you want to discuss someone's suggestion, do it in another thread. This way, the developers will be able to easily identify what the top requests are from players, and have less chance of losing anyone's feedback in the noise.

Edit: 2-9-10:

I want to thank everyone who's taken the time to post their top requests so far. This is something that will hopefully be very helpful to the developers, and should make it a lot easier for them to see all of our requests.

Just to reiterate - when you post, please try to stick to the short/medium/long-term format as much as you can, and try to keep things short and to the point. Feedback like this works best when they can boil it down to a list of bullet points, and then use that in their internal planning discussions.

Edit: 2-14-10:

Wow! 600 replies! And most of them really good ones too. This is great feedback, thank you everyone. Hopefully the devs are reviewing periodically and keeping notes Like all of you, I'd like to see some communication or a summary from them of what their priorities look like in light of all this feedback.... but keep posting it anyway! I am sure they are reading it!

Also... I got some pretty funny PMs today. I'm a little flattered, but I don't work for Cryptic! I'm just a player like all of you are. Really! That said, I will do my best to help anyone out who asks me a question or something... but I can't really do anything to make the servers come up faster when they crash or anything like that. So um... anyway I just wanted to make sure everyone realizes that.

Edit: 2-15-10

Just so that everyone realizes, Cryptic definitely IS reading this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
Awesome thread guys.

Short Term:
Want to, but can't write a response on every single issue in here - to be honest, we're trolling and spending our time tracking the issues down to get you fixes ASAP. The gold spamming, the fleet banks, the commodity missions, memory alpha issues - all those things we're trying to address as fast (and more importantly as smart) as we can.

Mid Term and Long Term:
I'm, right this instant, using this as one of the main threads to gather update suggestions from. Keep it coming, keep it coming.

-Zn