Lt. Commander
First, the chat is killing me. I donít care that someone@someone in zone 44(whatever that means) has to log for the night. How do I chop this down so I only see what is being said in the zone that I am in? How do I speak/type in zone chat?

Iím still a low level after two days of playing. I have gotten a few items that I donít need/want and Iím sure no one else would buy. Is there a shop where I can sell this stuff to? And if so where?

Last night I found the Boff trainer(s). Is there something like that for me? Would it be better to spend my ďtokensĒ<- not sure what they were called on them or me or both? If there is one for me will I only be able to use them when I move up every rank or every level of that rank?

Thanks for any info you can provide on the above questions
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Dont know about the chat thing, I just minimize it unless I'm teamed lol.
If you open your Inventory while in your ship (press I) then you can use the replicator to sell items you dont want.
The same BOFF place you were at is where you will always go to upgrade or replace their skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:12 AM
If you don't care about other people chatting then minimize the chat, although I don't really get it what you wrote there. "Zone" means people that are in the same zone as you, I think Zone #44 means the instance #44 of the zone you're in, but still, I don't get how is it better to only see someone@someone having to log off if they are in the same instance with you, your post just lacks coherence.

To answer the questions though: just left to the textbox is a selector you're looking for if you want to set who you want to speak to (Local/Zone/etc). Around the textbox are other things you need to play with to customize your textbox, they are all pretty self-explanatory.

Also, to sell the useless crap just open the Replicator in your inventory (when you're in space), or talk to vendors on a starbase and select the Sell tab.

To answer the last question, no, you will receive skills after certain amounts of skill points spent, the bridge officer trainers are well, for bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Iíll rephrase the question. Can I filter the chat to show only for the zone/instance that I am in?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
The zone chat will always show chat from all the instances of the zone you're in, if you're in a public area. You can filter it so it doesn't show zone chat at all, if you like. I think you can right-click somewhere to pull up the interface to customize the chat tabs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Just so you guys know, if you sell stuff to your replicator you get 1/2 the credits you would get selling the same item at a starfleet base. Dont even think about selling to the ferengi you only get 1/3.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Just so you guys know, if you sell stuff to your replicator you get 1/2 the credits you would get selling the same item at a starfleet base. Dont even think about selling to the ferengi you only get 1/3.
Seriously? Man, I wish this game would have come with instructions. I don't find figuring out how the mechanics of the game work to be 'an adventure', I find it to be annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom503 View Post
Seriously? Man, I wish this game would have come with instructions. I don't find figuring out how the mechanics of the game work to be 'an adventure', I find it to be annoying.
I don't mean this as an insult but I do not believe there is a single MMO that comes out with a complete users guide. These games change from patch to patch so it is best to do a forum search for what you want. I've been in STO since open beta and I'm still learning the finer aspects of the game. You should take some time to wander around the SOL station and a lot of your questions will be resolved by interacting with the NPCs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
But that just creates to much chat to follow. Itís like barrens chat times ten every where you go. Someone hast to know how to filter it.

Thanks for the info for selling. I couldnít find anyone that sold items that had the sell tab lit up for me. Iíll check again today.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
If I'm not grouped I have very litlel use for chat, i turn it completely off 95% of the time.