Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Almost all MMOs do this. It's a non-issue really. Just cancel your account before the 30 days are up and you shouldn't be billed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

i figured thats what it is.... to bad no one has game cards around me
i want to tell cryptic that this is a dangerous way of doing things,... asking people for more money (and thats what they see it as cause we already paid for the game and WANT to play now without further comitment) will do nothing but damage your image even more.
LOL seriously? MMO's have been doing this for years... YEARS!!!

You buy the game.. you install it.. you enter your payment information. You then get billed at the end of yoru free 30 days.. if you do not feel like paying then you can cancel your account and you will not get billed at the end of the 30 days. Its pretty simple stuff , I do not understand why people are complaining about it since it has been around for YEARS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugath View Post
LOL seriously? MMO's have been doing this for years... YEARS!!!

You buy the game.. you install it.. you enter your payment information. You then get billed at the end of yoru free 30 days.. if you do not feel like paying then you can cancel your account and you will not get billed at the end of the 30 days. Its pretty simple stuff , I do not understand why people are complaining about it since it has been around for YEARS.
Gentleman speaks the truth, as a veteran of about 13 MMO I can attest to this.

only game I havent had to insert info before hand was when I did a Free trial, but I still had to create an account

Jobe1980
Where are you based? I know a friend of mine in the UK who uses a pre-paid CC to pay his MMO subscriptions, that way even if his card details are 'stolen' he can never be charged more than he has on the card
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
i try to activate my code from my collectors edition, and it asking for a game card code or a credit card WHY!!!!
Yes, I found the same problem. It is not 'standard' with every MMO, but it is the standard for Cryptic/Atari games. I don't use credit cards and their paypal system did not work. Besides I am not sure if I want to commit to the game yet. My suggestion is to go to a retailer and buy a game card (for play time). This once you use this with your preorder/collector's code...it will release everything you were promised. The 30 free days will stack on your game card. I did this and I am now paid up to May. It gives me a little more time to judge the game and decide my future committment. If I decide to leave STO, I just walk away.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
You have to have a 'subscription' to this game, which requires a CC /game card.
They charged me 1 GBP just for entering my information in :p
Lt. Commander
# 16 only if credit card
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
ONLY if you use credit card, do u pay later..... anyone in America knows how corrupt and hurt our economy is and that people are leading away from commercial credit cards because of the state of its business. i personally have learned how to NOT USE credit cards. the SECOND option is the game card.... first of which, no one in my area have at the moment, and you have to PAY upfront to get one so i guess that means YOU DO PAY EXTRA BEFORE you even get to play.

my apologies to anyone my English offends