Lt. Commander
# 1 Paypal payment billing 1?
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Why does the paypal subscription charge 1?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraWolf View Post
i got it to. but not paypal, normal visa
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraWolf View Post
I believe it is a verification charge, and that you should get it back. I'm not sure if it's credited to your STO account, or back to your paypal account. I assume the latter.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Authorization charge so they can validate your creditcard/Paypal.

Those charges are dropped after a few days.

EDIT: got beated to it
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidWeasel View Post
I believe it is a verification charge, and that you should get it back. I'm not sure if it's credited to your STO account, or back to your paypal account. I assume the latter.
Of course it is credited. Otherwise it would be fraud since no one told me i would have to pay 1.3 dollars (it took full euro). It doesn't seem like much, but with hundreds of thousands of people, it would make a lot of money for the company.
The idea that it would not be credited or you don't get it back somehow is just inconceivable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamon View Post
Of course it is credited. Otherwise it would be fraud since no one told me i would have to pay 1.3 dollars (it took full euro). It doesn't seem like much, but with hundreds of thousands of people, it would make a lot of money for the company.
The idea that it would not be credited or you don't get it back somehow is just inconceivable to me.

They dont keep the money at all. Basically the money is an authorisation amount. Your CC company allows cryptic to send this minor amount to your card in the form of a holding amount, to make sure that account and card actually exists. The money will be returned to you in 3-5 working days. Cryptic dont make any money off this at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamon View Post
Sorry I don't think I made myself clear and probably just ended up confusing things more . I'm not sure if the paypal transaction is reversed if the charge is credited to your STO account. I assume the paypal transaction is simply reversed, but can't say for sure.

To be clear, people who are directly using their credit cards are reporting that they do indeed see the charge reversed on their statements a day or two later.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

They dont keep the money at all. Basically the money is an authorisation amount. Your CC company allows cryptic to send this minor amount to your card in the form of a holding amount, to make sure that account and card actually exists. The money will be returned to you in 3-5 working days. Cryptic dont make any money off this at all.
Yea thats what i figured, since the other option would be bad PR.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Thank you for your replies.