Lt. Commander
I'm staring my second semester in grad school and will most likely be focusing on that. I've decided to let the game bake for the next 4 months and hope to come back to a much improved game. I have created my character and done a few quick runs but haven't actually started him off.

SO, silly question...
My actual game came in yesterday and I have a 60 day card on it's way. Come May I have 4 months of play time. However, I have a the Borg BOff preorder and want to make sure that I don't lose it. Will I still get it if I activate the account later?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
You should be able to activate your pre-order bonuses with their own code, without activating the game/sub itself.

If you can't, well, I somehow doubt they'll suddenly deactivate the codes, so you should be safe.

Personally, I don't really see why you wouldn't be capable of juggling both the game and work. I have uni work, work work and personal project work to do, and still manage to fit the game in for an hour or so every other dayish. Unless you have an addictive personality and would only find yourself playing the game 18 hours a day, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :p

By actually having a life, by the time you get to the level cap, there may actually be content for you to play with then anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
You should be able to activate your pre-order bonuses with their own code, without activating the game/sub itself.

If you can't, well, I somehow doubt they'll suddenly deactivate the codes, so you should be safe.

Personally, I don't really see why you wouldn't be capable of juggling both the game and work. I have uni work, work work and personal project work to do, and still manage to fit the game in for an hour or so every other dayish. Unless you have an addictive personality and would only find yourself playing the game 18 hours a day, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :p

By actually having a life, by the time you get to the level cap, there may actually be content for you to play with then anyways.
Thanks for the reply Doc.

I figured since it's connected through my activation code that It will be there.

The truth is, aside from having an addictive personality I feel the game needs a bit more time to polish up. I'm planning on doing some light RPing so emersion is a big factor for me. I'm HOPING, that in 4 mos, we'll have interiors, functional bridges, and just more to do. It should take about that much time to really amp the game considering how much they've done so far.

My lesson learned from OB: DON'T PLAY OB!! Or even at launch!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I think you don't stand much hope of seeing any real progress by 4 months, to be honest. Champions has only recently passed the 4 month mark and has only just had its first significant update and announcement of real new content (although this must be paid for separately in the C-Store).

By this summer, STO will probably only just be getting to that point too. Hopefully a lot of the current issues will be long gone by then, but new content like ship interiors or a bridge that you'll ever actually want to visit more than once is pretty unlikely. We'll be lucky, really, if by that point the Klingons are an actual faction.