Lt. Commander
# 1 Weak Mines make for bad mojo
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Play pac man instead of star trek - Its really easy, here's what you need to do:

1) Create a character, any character of any type with any skill set will do,
2) Go on any mission that has mines or enemies (even human!) that use mines of any kind, at any level
3) Fly into them endlessly, gobbling them up like the little power pellets they are!

Bonus points for doing it at full impulse!

For added effect, try colouring your ship yellow to match PAC-man himself. Marvel at how many mines your ship can fly into simultaneously without taking more than 3% hull damage and a single notch off shields.

Ill build a small shrine in a public park and take a picture of it for all to see (ill even use your avatar) to the highest number of mines eaten at once on video. I recommend the veyga mission in the hromi sector for a good map to do this in, though there may be more.

EDIT: misdirecting headline
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
damn. i thought they actually spent time putting hidden features in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I want my 30 seconds of life back for your complete waste of time. kthxbyefool
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I like pac man :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:50 AM
<3 Yov'bot fleet action. Full power to shields! Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Hidden knob in thread, if you look very closely you can see his name by the First post in this thread.

THERE ARE 100's of threads on weak combat, No death Penelty, STO is no fun etc. While i do appreciate the attempt at humor (mine is above, please take it as humor and not a personal attack), add to one of those threads please
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clok1966 View Post
Hidden knob in thread, if you look very closely you can see his name by the First post in this thread.

THERE ARE 100's of threads on weak combat, No death Penelty, STO is no fun etc. While i do appreciate the attempt at humor (mine is above, please take it as humor and not a personal attack), add to one of those threads please
Not to argue, but the more threads there are complining about something the more likely the devs will do something about it, because it has more visibility on the forums as a whole. A single complaint thread would make each complaint die in the wash...

I dont like seeing negative stuff either, hence the humor
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 10:55 AM
i agree. running into mines should instagib your ship if you don't avoid them, even though there's no way to avoid them.

in fact just going into a map should lock you into a death loop that's only stopped by alt tabbing and closing the process in the task manager.

this would add challenge in the game and appease the hardcores.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippant
Not to argue, but the more threads there are complining about something the more likely the devs will do something about it, because it has more visibility on the forums as a whole. A single complaint thread would make each complaint die in the wash...

I dont like seeing negative stuff either, hence the humor
I may be wrong but if you look, single threads with large replies or views (you know the big threads) are the ones getting Dev responces. Well besides the onea about Missing Extras from preoder and such. glad you took the humor in stride
But I do understand your thinking and wont say its wrong (well I guess I did). carry on if the cuase is just.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I agree about the MINES.

I recalled yesterday commenting to myself how in OB the MINES made loud explosions and did damage to ships. But yesterday I heard this sizzle like bacon frying on a skillet. I s**t you not, they sizzled, and did absolutely NO damage to either me (from enemy mines) or the mob I was fighting (from my mines). When they hit the shields there was no loud explosion like in OB, just this sizzle and fizzle.