Lt. Commander
# 81
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
  1. It does shimmer on cloaking , but this 100 or so years after TOS encounters so the tech should be refined.
Well technically speaking, the Klingons initially got the cloaking technology from the Romulans. The Romulans have continued to develop it while the Klingons were content with basic fixes and updates.

Also, the original idea was to have cloaks -continue- to shimmer while running at Full Impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
In all honesty , in CB I thought it was going to be the predominate skill of T 3 , and it has become so . The change I might suggest is to randomize the effect and the chance to hit . Make it an ability that weakens ( like a virus would to a host ) a random core part of the ship . Basically you 'd have some percentage chance of weaken by let's suggest 50 % , for the sake of argument , shields , engines , weapons or aux . I'll leave it to Cryptic to decide what would suffice as a percentage decrease , but the full shut down is basically a death sentence once it lands , fore the most part.
I agree with this to the extent that lower level players should not have access to a full system shutdown. Whereas I would expect that the top rank -- Rear Admiral at present -- should have access to it.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I agree with this to the extent that lower level players should not have access to a full system shutdown. Whereas I would expect that the top rank -- Rear Admiral at present -- should have access to it.
I don't have an issue as long as they provide an acceptible counter that one can apply to themselves. With focus fire matches which is what is currently happening the results would be the same . If the effect had a more incidious effect lowering energy levels over time slowly rather than all at once ? Then the cure needed to reverse it would take just as long to counter ?
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
I don't have an issue as long as they provide an acceptible counter that one can apply to themselves.
Attack Pattern Omega I think it is? Otherwise Science Team before it hits (if done on yourself), or Science Team from an ally.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
  1. Cloak has a 20 s timer
  2. It does shimmer on cloaking , but this 100 or so years after TOS encounters so the tech should be refined.
  3. The Feds have always been designated as a defensive body .
Cloak has a 20s reuse timer, not a 20s duration timer (except maybe battle cloak, but I'm talking the initial cloak)

It does shimmer when you're cloaking, but I haven't (as a fed) seen any graphical indication that I was just buzzed at 5km by a cloaked battlecruiser on impulse.

Teah, the feds have been by lore a defensive body, that's why I said it was a personal prefernce. If that's how it's supposed to be, that's how it's supposed to be. Still doesn' tmake it fun (for me). I'm personally taking steps to make pvp fun for me, I'll have my raptor tonight. (would have been sooner but the tier 1 queues have been horridly slow)
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
It's funny how the cloak is referred to as perfect stealth. This is far from the truth. As I just proved in several matches in T3, it's very easy to completely block the BoP pilots from using their Battle cloak. With Target Subsystems Engines it's fairly easy to keep the Raptors any of them from Running away to get out of combat to cloak, some of the time (cooldown and beam dependent).

Oh and we won every one of those matches as Feds. I was able to spot the cloaked ships around 8km or so quite often, just from having my Aux maxed in a Science ship.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erroch View Post
Cloak has a 20s reuse timer, not a 20s duration timer (except maybe battle cloak, but I'm talking the initial cloak)

It does shimmer when you're cloaking, but I haven't (as a fed) seen any graphical indication that I was just buzzed at 5km by a cloaked battlecruiser on impulse.

Teah, the feds have been by lore a defensive body, that's why I said it was a personal prefernce. If that's how it's supposed to be, that's how it's supposed to be. Still doesn' tmake it fun (for me). I'm personally taking steps to make pvp fun for me, I'll have my raptor tonight. (would have been sooner but the tier 1 queues have been horridly slow)
Dude I fly a T 2 Raptor ( Tac ) and there is nothing fun about it until you gear up . I'd suggest if you're not already an engineer you re-roll , you'll find it a difficult slog. Going to T-3 Cruiser tonight with a little effort . Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherDestiny
Actually I'll assume we will be getting buffed. T2 cruiser ship, more/better loot to find in PvE, more PvE content, fixes for broken missions/mission rewards and fixing broken skills.
Please PLEASE god , let them fix the stupid BO quest , if i get one more alien engineering officer with the same 4 skills im gonna lose my mind. i have about 7 of them in my assignment tab =\

^^^

YAY patch notes say we get different kinds of bridge officers now !!
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe59 View Post
Please PLEASE god , let them fix the stupid BO quest , if i get one more alien engineering officer with the same 4 skills im gonna lose my mind. i have about 7 of them in my assignment tab =\
Umm, read the patch notes.