Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Got my Gorn. I am happy, but I've been thinking of a second or even third possible race, with an eye to min/maxxing.

I know about the massively article, but I am now wondering using the Liberated Borg or the Joined trill. At first, I was going to make a Klingon (probably Engineer) and probably a science Orion, but since I haven't used the Borg or Trill yet, I am wondering if those would be viable/good and what possible skills to take with them. I do like ground combat, but I do go into space combat from time to time. The Klingon seems to make a good tank with his skills, but can't deny the L. Borg or even J. Trill ones.

Even with Borg, still wondering about the the Neural Blast. Seen some good reviews on it, but wondering if taking another skill may be better.

So, any advice/experience welcomed. Or directions to a guide/site.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Got my Gorn. I am happy, but I've been thinking of a second or even third possible race, with an eye to min/maxxing.

I know about the massively article, but I am now wondering using the Liberated Borg or the Joined trill. At first, I was going to make a Klingon (probably Engineer) and probably a science Orion, but since I haven't used the Borg or Trill yet, I am wondering if those would be viable/good and what possible skills to take with them. I do like ground combat, but I do go into space combat from time to time. The Klingon seems to make a good tank with his skills, but can't deny the L. Borg or even J. Trill ones.

Even with Borg, still wondering about the the Neural Blast. Seen some good reviews on it, but wondering if taking another skill may be better.

So, any advice/experience welcomed. Or directions to a guide/site.

Unless they patched it in tonight Trill isn't an option...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Unless they patched it in tonight Trill isn't an option...
Correct, but it will be an option "in the near future".

And heck, the way I am spending time to think about this choice, it may become an option by the time I decide! :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Correct, but it will be an option "in the near future".

And heck, the way I am spending time to think about this choice, it may become an option by the time I decide! :p
I am really bummed that it wasn't there from the get go... so my G'Kar isn't quite as spotted as he should be :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
So...any moe advice?

Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Make an alien race and choose all 4 traits specific to the area of the game you want to focus. There are only a limited amount of space traits so they are pretty straight forward, if you like ground PvP the there are loads to choose from there so go with whatever you want, damage, tanking, CC resist.

There are no must haves.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
If you're min/maxing I would probably just make an Alien so you can hand pick all your traits.

I have a Klingon and a Gorn, but moreso because I like Klingons and Gorn than because I was trying to min/max.

Incidentally, people always said that the Gorn bite sucks and is worthless but it's actually an Exploit attack. If you keep it in reserve until a target is exposed, it does decent damage. You're better off shooting but if your gun is on cooldown and you don't have any other exploit attack, the Gorn bite is handy. Kinda wish I'd made a Gorn Tactical with Bite as my main character instead of a Klingon.