Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I prefer the Episode missions because the story is like Star Trek shows. Sure there are some cheesy episodes, but all in all I log in to see what's the next episode. I also love patrol missions too, nice and quick in case my commanding officer (wife) wants me to do something else, I can at least get part of the patrol done and AFK fly to the next one.

Fleet Action loot is almost non-existent. I made #4 on DPS and got nothing. /sigh
PvP I'll admit I haven't tried, don't want to embarass myself yet.
Exploration is fun, but seems slower than patrols. It brings me a sense of wonder to do them, though. Just not effective for loot/SP.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Andromeda View Post
I prefer the Episode missions because the story is like Star Trek shows. Sure there are some cheesy episodes, but all in all I log in to see what's the next episode. I also love patrol missions too, nice and quick in case my commanding officer (wife) wants me to do something else, I can at least get part of the patrol done and AFK fly to the next one.

Fleet Action loot is almost non-existent. I made #4 on DPS and got nothing. /sigh
PvP I'll admit I haven't tried, don't want to embarass myself yet.
Exploration is fun, but seems slower than patrols. It brings me a sense of wonder to do them, though. Just not effective for loot/SP.
I think you and I share the same sentiment as well. I just can't get enough patrol missions! i love them!
The episodes are fun too, I just need to make sure before i start one that i have an hour of spare time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I've enjoyed the variety the Devs have provided in advancing your character.

My favorite play style is the Episode style because of the stories. However, I usually only do one of those after I've done some exploration missions, patrol missions, or defend missions. I like spreading it around. I tried Starbase 24 the other night and loved it. It was awesome watching players form up in to small formations to tackle incoming waves of Birds of Prey or the other larger battleships.

I'm taking my time. STO has proven, at least to me anyway, that it is enjoyable at the early levels, so I'm in no hurry to max out. Too many MMOs don't begin until you reach max level, fortunately, that isn't the case in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree with the OP and made a simular post in beta about this. I found the patrol missions are better for leveling and the more involved story missions are good for loot. In patrols you get rewarded for each patrol then again for completing the sector which is nice.

Finally completed my first exploration mission because the others I could not figure out or were bugged. I think supplies can be sold by trade ships.