Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
OMG.. ya'll spent $1200 on a MMO? I'm sure that includes 2 lifetime subscriptions.. Enjoy But still.. WOWZERS..
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
The latest patch has introduced what on my system can only be described as "Always On Top". You see, I'm a programmer. I like to program. I program for money. It was that I was working while playing this game (not playing the game when working because it's more during my free time I play, get something in my head that needs coding and go code it real quick then resume). But now I can't do that. I can't multitask because the game's window won't let anything, not Scintilla, not Firefox, nothing be ontop of the window.

Thank you Cryptic. You've crucified a harmless cosmetic feature, gypped my husband and I out of what we paid for (and we paid a lot). And now you've unilaterally decided what I can and cannot do with my time while the game is running. How considerate of you.
dont mean to be rude but this is bull.

I can esc out to type this right now while playing the game. Im no programmer but it just seems your looking for ways to be angry at cryptic. Of course i may be running full screen and you windowed which could be different. But any smart programmer would usually have top of the line equipment for their job and more than 1 monitor.
Heck my family doctor has 2 monitors on his computer and its some basic crap. No offense but learn to put the game in full screen and

LEARN TO ALT TAB !
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 12:13 PM
You'd think a guy who gets paid to program would know of the maximized windowed mode...
Lt. Commander
# 14
I can alt-tab out fine and dandy. Lately, I've been noticing that on certain programs it stays running in the background, rather than just minimising (maybe something I've done, rather than the game) - but I can still run FireFox and MSN convos over it just fine.

In fact, having it in the background while doing so is quite handy - as it means I can chat on MSN while travelling between systems. :p

The game doesn't really allow you to get stuck into doing anything else while you're playing, anyway though. If you're idle for more than 15 minutes, you get booted. You're just as well actually just closing down the game and doing work if you need to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
windows maximised allows this feature with no issues.

i always run in that, so i can keep track of other things while i play during those long haul flights from one sector to another

that should easily allow the OP to continue working the way they have.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
The problem resolved itself after I reloaded. Something must have gotten stuck in memory. It was seriously annoying, I was having to resize the STO window to keep it visible.

As for two monitors, we have three monitors and two computers. My husband's appropriated the extra monitor for himself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Thank you Cryptic. You've crucified a harmless cosmetic feature, gypped my husband and I out of what we paid for (and we paid a lot). And now you've unilaterally decided what I can and cannot do with my time while the game is running. How considerate of you.
Can people be any more melodramatic?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Sadly, posts like this thread do a lot of harm because many people won't ever know that the issue was with the user's settings or some glitch in Windows. People react initial posts without reading the resolution all the time. Perhaps an edit to the original item is in order so people know that it isn't a feature of the new client?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Window mode?