Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Missions\Episodes
02-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Taking realy long to annihilate half population of <enter race here> .

so...
please...
reduce enemy hp =) Or group count per map, its like you and your team just terminating major part of population of <enter race here>

coz if buff weapons it will ruind ground pvp
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
it would help alot if your away team would not only use the secondary attack of a weapon but use the primary when sec is on cool down...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Something needs to be done about ground combat. It is DEATHLY BORING.

It takes forever to kill even one enemy, and there are usually 100 of them per mission! I mean, it's nice for a change from space battles all the time, but I'd really rather have no ground missions than have them stay as boring as they are.

Whenever I have to beam down and fight, I sigh and tell myself that I can get through it and it will all be over soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
at least in beta you were getting good sp for ground missions, now at 1 sp per group it's largely more time consuming and less valuable to participate in ground missions.

They really either need to be quicker or more worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Why are some people always asking for an EASY button?
Are you in a hurry to get to Admiral or something? (Note: There is currently NOTHING to do as Admiral, so don't hurry :p)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
Why are some people always asking for an EASY button?
Are you in a hurry to get to Admiral or something? (Note: There is currently NOTHING to do as Admiral, so don't hurry :p)
It's not a matter of being easy or hard. I almost never come close to dying. The amount of time it takes to kill someone has nothing to do with difficulty. It's just frickin' tedious... especially when you know there's like 50 more groups to plod through.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
They need to either make ground combat less tedious, or let us skip ground missions completely. Every time I see that I have to beam down, I groan
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxide
Taking realy long to annihilate half population of <enter race here> .

so...
please...
reduce enemy hp =) Or group count per map, its like you and your team just terminating major part of population of <enter race here>

coz if buff weapons it will ruind ground pvp
If you all are interested in Skill Points, I think I tend to get at least 2-3 per group. That doesn't really bother me, the whole killing large populations of enemies never really appealed to me as a way of leveling up.

Your bridge officers do use their primary weapon function...usually more often than their secondary. Or at least that's what I've noticed. I tend to equip my officers with the expose secondary attack weapons. And I do see them firing often and notice that other targets are exposed.

As for the overall health of enemies. I agree, actually. It takes quite a while to finish a group of enemies. But then again, I don't think I've come that close to death in any of those scenarios. So I suggest an addendum, lower their damage resistance by maybe 10% max and see how that goes. But increase their damage output by 15% or so, just to make things interesting.

Oh and I like ground battles a lot. Space battles seem to take a lot of work...as opposed to ground battles where I can sit back and let my bridge officers pull their weight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
Your bridge officers do use their primary weapon function...usually more often than their secondary. Or at least that's what I've noticed. I tend to equip my officers with the expose secondary attack weapons. And I do see them firing often and notice that other targets are exposed.
i observed my away team yesterday after i recognized that i allways had all enemys on me because of beeing the greatest threat - they were rolingl around using their abilitys without any sense and use their weapons every 10 seconds firing the expose/exploit ablitys.
the standart attack was never used it ended with complety disarming them to force them into melee that way i was able to reduce thetime i need for a mission dramatically.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I haven't found ground combat to take too long. What level are you guys playing at?