Lt. Commander
(Insert corny Chuck Norris joke here)

Kidding.

Anywho, I realize there probably aren't many feds beyond myself who use martial arts when they go to ground combat, but of the Tact officers here that do, and use a Martial Arts kit...

Doesn't it feel a little odd to use lunge on an exposed mob only to watch them vaporize when you smack them in the jaw with a tightly curled fist? I mean it's like "DA**! I rocked that fool's chin so hard he went "POOF".
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
its a bit strange, it varies between that and just knocking them out as well...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasorine
its a bit strange, it varies between that and just knocking them out as well...
It's the phaser emitter ring that you are wearing. Kinda like Green Lantern, only it goes off when you punch someone since it's pressure activated.

Don't do the /taunt emote else you'll tap your fist and kill yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
This happens if you use lunge with a Bat'lath as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
(Insert corny Chuck Norris joke here)

Kidding.

Anywho, I realize there probably aren't many feds beyond myself who use martial arts when they go to ground combat, but of the Tact officers here that do, and use a Martial Arts kit...

Doesn't it feel a little odd to use lunge on an exposed mob only to watch them vaporize when you smack them in the jaw with a tightly curled fist? I mean it's like "DA**! I rocked that fool's chin so hard he went "POOF".

I don't mind it. Nothing like spraying a Swordmaster in the face... with your dual pistols (get yer heads out of the gutters), then punching him to make him disintegrate. Love it, don't change it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Done this often myself. Outside of the secondary attack I start with ranged weapons I always switch to melee. You do seem to do a good deal of damage. A lot of times Iíve seeing constant 30-50 on the normal attack and when I critical itís 150+ itís a great for single targets when you take all the debuffs into account.

I wish it had a few special finishing moves that could be rotated though if you beat them to death. Maybe you see them go down with teeth flying everywhere. Your fists are covered in blood. Your toon goes into a fit of rage starts screaming and rips out the guyís heart like in the temple of doom. Holds it over his head while doing a little dance.

Speaking of talking toons you boís have voices options but they donít seem to ever say any things is that normal?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I've come to rationalize this as me striking out at their exposed energy cells and causing an overload (used to power their battle suit and shield).

It did seem odd the first time I did it, but its sci-fi... you can make sense out of anything if you try.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post
I've come to rationalize this as me striking out at their exposed energy cells and causing an overload (used to power their battle suit and shield).

It did seem odd the first time I did it, but its sci-fi... you can make sense out of anything if you try.
True enough, and I wasn't asking it to be removed or anything, I just found it to be pretty funny.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 01:05 PM
There are different combinations when using martial arts. Some of them are expose attacks, and there is one combo that does an exploit. If the enemy is exposed, then it does the same as a ranged weapon exploit I guess. Cryptic probably thought that not many people would use martial arts so they were not expecting this much?