Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 08:33 AM
It does take skill and teamwork, which is probably why you're having a hard time: I'm guessing you don't have a regular team.

I do. I have science officers that throw a heal-over-time on me before I charge the enemy position, since this will cure exposes until the HOT runs out. I also run Over Watch and Draw Fire, which adds a great deal of resists to everyone who stands near me -- so much, in fact, that they stand a decent chance of surviving a frontal exploit shot (that and my Suppressing Fire debuffs the damage of people I shoot by another 25%). We use stun pistols, have one science officer that's doing holds and an engineer that's doing Weapons Malfunction.

I agree that in pick-up-groups it's a lot of hold-expose-die or expose-hold-die and there are changes I would like to see but saying there's no skill or teamwork just because you're pugging it up with a bunch of noobs isn't painting an accurate picture.

I personally favor reducing expose damage by 50%. I think 1-shot-kills should still be possible, but less likely than they are now.

Also, the patch notes today said something about a cooldown timer when swapping weapons. I dunno what they mean but it might be harder to expose-swap-exploit now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
PvP always degenerates to Min/Maxing and holds/stuns/sleeps because it is what works against other players. I don't see how they can balance PvP for everyone to enjoy as some players will always feel that they are being abused.
This.

Not to mention that the people that lose often now will still lose because the coordinated groups will just adapt to the new system. It just will not take as long for them to lose. Pre-made > PUG... Always...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I'd kind of enjoy the bat'leth damage boost though. hehe. I use one a lot. It gimps my damage in the match compared to using my guns but its hilarious knocking the same person down three times in a row and I usually am grouped so I let my group mates do the deeps.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Hand to hand weapons are crap just rifle butt them to death
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
Hand to hand weapons are crap just rifle butt them to death
Have yet to run into a rifle carrying person that can beat me 1v1 (unless they get lucky with a quick expose) with my bat'leth, though they probably wouldn't have beat me if I had a rifle either. lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Actually, Batleths can be extreeeemely effective, especially against Engineers with their reroute ********.

Except against repulsion shields

LAWL
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Until there is less CC, melee isn't going to be effective in this game. I charge at an enemy with Lunge, get disabled/held/etc, die. The whole point of Klingons getting Bat'leths is to make melee feasible in combat, but you can't melee if you are getting CC'd every time you charge. Maybe wielding a Bat'leth should have some sort of CC resistance, after all Feds are used to screaming in fear as Swordmasters and Dahar Masters charge at them in PvE, why should it be different in PvP?