also does not buff you
facepalm....
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
facepalm....
thats great, but I played both the OB version and the current version, this version doesnt stop damage either, I just sat with 25% power on shields and stuck RSP, shields lost a fair amount of energy
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
thats great, but I played both the OB version and the current version, this version doesnt stop damage either, I just sat with 25% power on shields and stuck RSP, shields lost a fair amount of energy
funny, i played it on both and the skill works for me
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Working here exactly the same as in CB/OB and now retail. Everyone I know who has it is using it without problem to. Notice a patten yet?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
now its just broken. Skill goes on the cooldown but doesnt actually put a buff on you. thats one way to fix a broken skill (but not the right way)
Actually I've noticed it's broken but in a different way...

In a few matches earlier today the cooldown was being reset magically without running its full duration. I suspected this had something to do with Subnucleonic Beam / Viral Matrix or some other ability that affects cooldowns but I cannot be certain.

Also, I do have some major problems with the games UI. Often, I'll press a hotkey to activate an ability and the ability icon on the skill bar will darken as if I activated the ability. However, it does not activate. This does not start the cooldown on the ability as you seem to indicate but it has led me to some situations similar to yours, where I think that I've used the ability and try to do something else only to find myself gibbed because it does not activate. This is exceedingly frustrating with all abilities because, for example, I'll hit Torpedo: High Yield and it'll darken and then I'll fire a Torpedo only to find that HY did not activate, forcing me to wait a full Torpedo cooldown before firing again and often leaving me with the enemy ship presenting a new shield face. Very very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oplaid View Post
Actually I've noticed it's broken but in a different way...

In a few matches earlier today the cooldown was being reset magically without running its full duration. I suspected this had something to do with Subnucleonic Beam / Viral Matrix or some other ability that affects cooldowns but I cannot be certain.

Also, I do have some major problems with the games UI. Often, I'll press a hotkey to activate an ability and the ability icon on the skill bar will darken as if I activated the ability. However, it does not activate. This does not start the cooldown on the ability as you seem to indicate but it has led me to some situations similar to yours, where I think that I've used the ability and try to do something else only to find myself gibbed because it does not activate. This is exceedingly frustrating with all abilities because, for example, I'll hit Torpedo: High Yield and it'll darken and then I'll fire a Torpedo only to find that HY did not activate, forcing me to wait a full Torpedo cooldown before firing again and often leaving me with the enemy ship presenting a new shield face. Very very annoying.
I noticed cooldowns on some skills also being reset in retail. Dont have a scooby whats causing it though!

Your second point, there is a global cooldown between all skills of maybe a second. So you cannot fire of skills really quickly after another. You have to wait a second or keep pressing the skill until it activates. Not sure why they have done it this way but its always been the case.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
well, I relogged my client and its working now. I guess it was on my end, but I guerantee it was not working for me before hand
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
I noticed cooldowns on some skills also being reset in retail. Dont have a scooby whats causing it though!

Your second point, there is a global cooldown between all skills of maybe a second. So you cannot fire of skills really quickly after another. You have to wait a second or keep pressing the skill until it activates. Not sure why they have done it this way but its always been the case.
The problem isn't a cooldown, the problem is not properly displaying it. If all abilities darkened after you used another ability or something that would be fine, but giving a visual indicator that you in fact USED your ability on your skill bar when you press a hotkey when in fact you did not use the ability is unacceptable.