Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
All for this. More variety and things to do besides leveling are always good.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree, don't get me wrond, I love the game...but it feels to much like a consol game for now, not a MMORP. Second, what is up with the 2 min. afk time out. I sometimes like to sit in Deep Space, have a smoak and a cup of coffee, maybe go to the bathroom from time to time.....if I am not careful, I will come back loged out.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonsam View Post
Eventually, of course, we'll need the ability to build our own social spaces, in the form of space stations or colonies. But I expect that'll take a couple weeks
That's what the captains' ready room, "Ten-forward," and captain's quarters are for. Seriously though, ship internals would definitely help the immersion and social factors. Heck, leave your ship behind and help others with ship operations.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz_Prower
That's what the captains' ready room, "Ten-forward," and captain's quarters are for. Seriously though, ship internals would definitely help the immersion and social factors. Heck, leave your ship behind and help others with ship operations.
I completely agree Internal ship components would be the biggest and best add to this game.. A place to call our own where we can relax... Even play some of those mini games that other dude was talking about.. we could earn rewards for battles that we could decorate our ready rooms with.. There is just so much you could do that would add a TON to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Well if you want a vague dev post with no dates, that I can provide.

We are definitely not ignoring the social aspects of the game. We made sure there are quite a few places just to visit and hang out for launch (Vulcan, Andoria, Risa, Wolf 359, the bar and lounge in Earth Spacedock etc.)

This is one of the many things we are continuing to developing for the live game as well. We have plans for some more locations and some interesting things to do at these locations as well.

-Continuum
I will do anything for you guys to add Tellar Prime and my Tellarites in the game. ANYTHING please!! *begs*
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 06:16 AM
If any dev types are still looking at this thread, one thing to consider. The Observation Lounge in Spacedock would be 100% better and used if it was it's own instance. The massive scrolling that takes place from the bazzillion instances of Spacedock gets distracting.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Well if you want a vague dev post with no dates, that I can provide.

We are definitely not ignoring the social aspects of the game. We made sure there are quite a few places just to visit and hang out for launch (Vulcan, Andoria, Risa, Wolf 359, the bar and lounge in Earth Spacedock etc.)

This is one of the many things we are continuing to developing for the live game as well. We have plans for some more locations and some interesting things to do at these locations as well.

-Continuum
Are there any plans to make areas such as Vulcan and Risa quest hubs? A pre-release review of the game mentioned finding missions of a planet, something which isn't part of the current game. It might encourage people to actually go to the areas you mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrWalker View Post
I agree, don't get me wrond, I love the game...but it feels to much like a consol game for now, not a MMORP. Second, what is up with the 2 min. afk time out. I sometimes like to sit in Deep Space, have a smoak and a cup of coffee, maybe go to the bathroom from time to time.....if I am not careful, I will come back loged out.
AFK timeout is 15 minutes. not 2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Agree with the OP and hope a Dev comes across this thread.

Just wondering out loud here, but do Devs troll all the threads? Or just ones with certain titles?