Lt. Commander
I just hit commander and after reading the tool tips for talents that are available for me to train in, I find that either the tool tips are somewhat misleading or the talents are now completely useless now that skill points are now capped.

Heavy Cruiser Captain
Exploration Cruiser Captain
Long Range Science Captain
Research Science Captain
Heavy Escourt Captain
Tactical Escourt Captain

The tooltips for the above skills indicate that they only improve one specific kind of ship which are either Tier 3 or Tier 4 ships and would not be ideal for use at Admiral.

It is my Intention to use an Assault Cruiser when I reach Admiral, would it be correct to say that taking the Heavy Cruiser Captain and the Exploration Cruiser Captain skills would be a waste, or is an Assault Cruiser considered to fit in the category of Exploration and Heavy as well or are these skills a simple burn on the available points that I have for spending.

At this point there is little information out there regarding this so I would like to have a discussion on this topic and possibly a developer response would be ideal since once I spend the points there is no way to undo misplaced points.

Until then I will be spending points in my Starship Engineering skills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
yes this is well known.... skip commander and captain skills or you wont have enough at admiral with the skill cap
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I was hoping that I was just misreading the tooltips, I guess I will put my points into the Egineering talents for now. I have been totally skipping any ground talents which I'm sure will leave me out of any meaningful ground combat at Admiral