Lt. Commander
If you are too busy to read that giant thread, I'm giving you a brief one.
This is the email you sent me:
Star Trek Online

Dear discjy,

This email is to confirm that you have activated:

* Star Trek Online Game Card 60 Days

To manage your account, please visit https://www.startrekonline.com/user. Thank you for choosing Star Trek Online!

Sincerely,

Cryptic Studios
-----------------------------------------------
This is my account status:

Star Trek Online
Download Game Client
Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Open beta access

Subscriptions

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
you bought a game time g but you still need to enter the retail game code from a purchased game and select a renewing subscription and choose what payment option you want for that subscription. (in this case the game card you entered)
as your account show no retail registered or a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM
unlike the EVE and other games, I have to pay extra money in order to play?! I thought the point of purchasing this game was obtaining head start access and bonuses ............................
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
you need to buy the game it is not free.
tow you need a paid subscription to play you are not charged for the subscription opnce you set it up until after the free 30 days you get with purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discjy View Post
unlike the EVE and other games, I have to pay extra money in order to play?! I thought the point of purchasing this game was obtaining head start access and bonuses ............................
Eve is only like that because no one would ever consider purchasing the game... this is how most older games work after they have been out for several years and are desperate for new players (they were all games you had to purchase up front when they were released).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
actually, eve is the only online game I played before. that retailer told me nothing about purchasing when I was buying the key. great! It doubles the cost of playing now comparing to the normal payment. fine, it's not the first time I'm wasting money anyway, at least I don't have to concern about the account error issue now.
hope you enjoy your game, guys.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
actually, eve is the only online game I played before. that retailer told me nothing about purchasing when I was buying the key. great! It doubles the cost of playing now comparing to the normal payment. fine, it's not the first time I'm wasting money anyway, at least I don't have to concern about the account error issue now.
hope you enjoy your game, guys.
Still when eve was first released it had a price to buy the game and you had to pay for a sub and WoW does that too, you have to buy the game and expansions + a sub.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Actually, CCP had recently republished the game for sale in retail "box" form. I recently saw it in my local Best Buy. Even though it is "free" now, it at one time cost money to pick up the client in stores before and as just mentioned, it has again....regardless of the "free" download direct from CCP.