Lt. Commander
# 1 Win a t2 space engagement.
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I have a quest that asks for a victory in FvK in a space engagement. Problem I m a klingon, in t2, and doing only PuGs, I lost 15 games in a row so far.

Do klinks ever win a game in t2 space with a pug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
yes, but you have to work together against superior fed defence. that means getting organised... if the other klinks dont, you have to actively encourage everyone to work together..

form a group, talk to each other, call out targets and most importantly, you should have support abilities... (and hope your teamates do also).

You can't really pvp, if you are specced for solo play... most feds find this out the hard way. (wtf are mines doing in pvp matches.. cmon ppl... think!)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Mines? To detect cloaked ships? What else do we do, sit there?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
maybe at t1 that would work... but t3+, no klink is dumb enough to fly into a mine.

does it even drop cloak if you get hit?... i've never actually bothered to get hit with one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
It isn't about hitting them, but controlling the space around the ball. If the mines don't move, we know there aren't any klings cloaking without five feet of us waiting to tractor/VM us for a focus fire hell.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang666 View Post
I have a quest that asks for a victory in FvK in a space engagement. Problem I m a klingon, in t2, and doing only PuGs, I lost 15 games in a row so far.

Do klinks ever win a game in t2 space with a pug?
I don't want to sound like a ****, but I win most of the t2 games I try to win in. Sometimes I just gung-ho if the team is being spastic, which can be fun too.

Yes, winning in t2 isn't that hard. You just have to win the initial encounter with at least 3 guys and then keep the feds from regrouping.

The key for me is inviting everyone, being bossy and calling targets, and playing support/bait so my team can succeed without having to do anything particularly fancy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
No klink ever intentionally flies into a mine field. But once the fighting starts and the beams have whittled away shields on both sides and people start maneuvering around, they do tend to get within 2-3km of minefields. I routinely get kills from my blue quantum mines as fed. Even against premades that wipe the floor with a fed pug, inevitably a few will stray too close to a mine field with their shields down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Three uses for mines:
- Tab targeting protection.
- Cloak detection.
- DPS

With the first two you fill the skies (space) with as many as you can. On the third you must pop mines when enemy cannot avoid them and are low on shields.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecanis View Post
Three uses for mines:
- Tab targeting protection.
- Cloak detection.
- DPS

With the first two you fill the skies (space) with as many as you can. On the third you must pop mines when enemy cannot avoid them and are low on shields.
tab targetting is for the uninformed /target name ftw .
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe59 View Post
tab targetting is for the uninformed /target name ftw .
Can you put that in a macro?

I type at about two wpm ...lol