Lt. Commander
# 71
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCason View Post
Leveling slows? That's not good news. At least, not to me. Here I'm at Lieutenant 5, doing what certainly -feels- like bustsing my hump to make Lieutenant Commander, and it's slow as molasses. I finished up the Starbase 24 mission last night, blazed through all those blasted Klingons on the station, must have been 100+ of them in all, and got less than half a level out of it. Very disappointing.
That's not been my experience nor the experience of many I've talked to. Lt crawls, LtC. takes a good while, and later levels average out to going faster because SP gains increase while SP-per-level starts to flatten out.

Lt. really should be the shortest in the game (shorter than now, preferably) with later ranks taking considerably longer, but there's not enough content to support that...
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
wake me up when I can't let my ship finish all fights by itself on autoattack. I'm level 14 and can still do it in every mission I've had.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus27 View Post
Hey,

I have been playing STO now for 3 weeks and it seems the game offers no challanges whatsoever so far. There is no death penalty, no mission that cannot be finished, enemies are all beatable with just shooting, not necessary to use group tactics or special abilities ect. Only the pvp offers some challange. But here is the problem everyone gets same reward regardless if u lost or won. Where is then the point in winning ? I assume that is why so many Klingons just attack instead of cap flags in some maps. Or even worse they suicide in the 15 kill map when they think they cannot win anymore. Seen lot of them just decloak and then wait for kill to finish faster.

A last thing about end game raid stuff ect. So far all missions that have some bosses, ground or space, just got more hp,shields but no damage output. I am a healer and can say there is absolute no need to heal. Ofc I can heal the aggro guy but for what ? If he gets killed he comes back in 8 sec. and can even join the same fight and it cost him or the team nothing.

Therefore my wish to make the game a little harder or at least more competitive. For those amoung u who like it relaxed in a game Cryptic could enable different modes as in WOW, like heroic and normal instances. Since 90% of all content is instance based that should be easy.
The actual Game has really only been going for two days. I would wait till that Invasion rollout they will be doing soon before we get all.. this is to easy.

Try to enjoy and have fun. It will get harder.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm loving the game so far. I've never been in on the ground floor of an MMO before, and as a Trek fan, I couldn't pass this up, so I bit the bullet. I am having a blast. I'm a Lt. level 5 (I'm still getting used to rank), flying my little Miranda class ship around every sector, just exploring and taking on things as they come. I think Cryptic has done a fine job, and I think it will get better. As it is, I can't get enough.