Okay, folks here are the xbox 360 controller keybind files I promised! instructions below.
1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file <filename>
3. repeat for the second set of bindings (space/ground)
- jpegs of the layout are near the beginning of this thread! look them over. the space binds seem a little crazy at first glance but play really well (IMO)
- I have changed joy4 (in on right stick) to be "switch to target follow camera" instead of equalize shields (found I liked the target follow cam once in battle and never really needed to equalize shields)
- for this binding set to work, you must have "free camera" chosen from the pull down menu in the options. default is "follow target" and it will lock the right stick (camera in my binds) if you do not make this switch.
- finally, depending on how you have your power trays set up, the face buttons might not activate the officers as I have them listed in the image. fiddle with the placement to set them right. Hell, they're your /bind files now, customize them any way you want...
Many thanks to Ko and others who started this thread and helped me understand the mapping process enough to slam this together. ENJOY!
Just wanted to throw some love the OPs way. I used your OB thread and loved it, but didn't get a chance to express my gratitude before the game went live and the forum locked. Thank you for re-posting this. This will be great for the newbies to have and great to have for future reference. And yes, this thread should deffinitly be stickied!
Oh and a quick question for you guys. When you do a /bind_save_file, where exactly does it save to? Is it different than a /bind_save?
I want to thank you for the fantastic work you've all done mapping for STO. I just picked up my PC Wireless Gamign Receiver today, ready to take on STO from the couch, and find that the device isn't being properly recognized by Vista x64. It knows what it is, but claims it can't find the proper driver on the cd that came with the product.
I have been unable to find the proper driver online so far.
Is seems like you have it working. Can you help me?
One issue - I keep getting some chat spam when I move the thumbsticks:
Unknown Command "(null)".
Any thoughts as to what's causing that?
yeah, I had them mapped to something else originally, and when I cleared and changed it, it replaced it with "(null)" in the /bind file. not sure why it did that, or why I cant get it to stop. consider that something I'm ironing out...