Lt. Commander
# 1 How to activate borg officer
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I bought STO on amazon.com. I did not see an activation code for the borg officer....where would that be located. Also where do I go to get this officer? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
The activation code is actually your retail key. I too bought from Amazon and all I had to do was enter my key into my account. After you do that, log into the game and go to the Cstore. You should see the option to claim your Borg officer and other goodies there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergensheen
I bought STO on amazon.com. I did not see an activation code for the borg officer....where would that be located. Also where do I go to get this officer? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
The activation code is actually your retail key. I too bought from Amazon and all I had to do was enter my key into my account. After you do that, log into the game and go to the Cstore. You should see the option to claim your Borg officer and other goodies there.
You have to put in the retail copy of the CD. It will open up the STO page where you can input your activation key that is on the manual of the game. One you finish that online you can go ahead and cancel the setup process of the cd (Presuming you have STO installed from Open Beta or Headstart).

Then just open up STO like you normally would and you will notice that new patching will be occurring. That's your bonus content loading up.

I did the same thing since my GameStop version promises me a Constitution Class ship, Red Matter Capacitor, and uniforms from Star trek TNG the TV series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:24 PM
To be specific:

Go to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Punch in your retail key (located in the game manual)
Go to the C-Store
Claim the Borg bridge officer
Open your inventory and you'll see your bridge office there as an item. Double click on it to activate it and you should now have your Borg BOFF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:33 PM
If you have been playing recently like in the last few days that is your game client and it will need an update or so and you are all set. No need to install from the DVD. One of the nice things about MMO's.

Head over to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate login with your account and enter your key. Under my account you should see as an example:

Star Trek Online
Download Game Client
Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Closed Beta
* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion D
* Star Trek Online - Retail <= this is the most important part

Login into STO, open the C-Store - located in the drop down menu by your radar. Click the tabs in the window for the free stuff and you will see your Borg Federation and Klingon Bridge Officers. Click to add it.

Now for Federation you will have a Star Trek logo item in your inventory. Activate it and it will now show up in your bridge officer unassigned list. Then commission your nano buddy and away you go.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasetran9
If you have been playing recently like in the last few days that is your game client and it will need an update or so and you are all set. No need to install from the DVD. One of the nice things about MMO's.

Head over to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate login with your account and enter your key. Under my account you should see as an example:

Star Trek Online
Download Game Client
Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Closed Beta
* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion D
* Star Trek Online - Retail <= this is the most important part
What was given by the Del Taco Promotion?