02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
attack pattern omega, GOGOGO
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
attack pattern omega, GOGOGO
How, exactly, do you plan to activate that after gettign hit with VM?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Its useable whilst held.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
But Viral Matrix doesn't just hold like Tractor Beams, it shuts down the ship entirely, meaning can't use any skills, weapons, engines. Everything on the hotkey bar is grayed out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
How, exactly, do you plan to activate that after gettign hit with VM?
Rofl this is the person that in another thread tried to call me out on not knowing how to PvP. Also buddy I don't play Fed as my main, but Klingon.

Good to see you don't even know how the skills work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Complaining about Viral Matrix is silly, as it is already too easily countered by an Ensign level ability that is available to every single ship in the game - even in T1.

Try doing something more than feverishly mashing your dps hotkeys and Viral Matrix shouldn't be that much of an issue. Sure, you might get killed by it in bad PUG groups that don't help you out, but in such a case you'd probably lose anyway - with or without Viral Matrix.

Like I've been telling people since beta, and as has already been posted in this thread - blindly using Science Team I on yourself every time it's available, which takes absolutely no finesse or skill whatsoever, will make you immune to VM for 2/3 of the match. If you're a Klingon, just pop it on yourself as you come out of cloak to start your attack run. In organized groups, you can always rely on other people to remove VM from you; and since that removal is, 1) Incredibly easy, 2) Has virtually no opportunity cost, and 3) Provides other benefits on top of removing VM, every single organized PvP group in the game (at T3 and beyond) will have multiple Science Teams available.

If they're going to actually make it possible to Science Team yourself out of the only space-based crowd control in the game, Viral Matrix will become utterly worthless (I have yet to see anything approaching a "need" for it in PvE).

Viral Matrix is one of those things that, if there was a competitive ladder system for PvP, would only be complained about in the lowest brackets; everyone with enough individual ability and/or teamwork would be able to handle it within the current game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
But Viral Matrix doesn't just hold like Tractor Beams, it shuts down the ship entirely, meaning can't use any skills, weapons, engines. Everything on the hotkey bar is grayed out.
Attack Pattern Omega doesn't gray out like the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Rofl this is the person that in another thread tried to call me out on not knowing how to PvP. Also buddy I don't play Fed as my main, but Klingon.

Good to see you don't even know how the skills work.
Wow, you're going to come here and bust my balls because I didn't know this one skill was the only skill that doesn't gray out like everything else, including the one skill that specifically states it's to counter Science debuffs. Congrats, you win a trolling skill point, spend it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Attack Pattern Omega doesn't gray out like the rest.
Thanks, I wasn't aware there was a skill that currently works properly as a counter.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 02:08 AM
IF you dont think Viral Matrix is OP then you probably use it. Thats the sad thing in today's mmos. Everyone acts like its republicans versus democrats when it comes to their skill or someone elses.

It will come to a point that Everyone will have Science team I and VM.

The obvious thing that will happen however is that more teams will conter act VM as well as being able to use after someone hits you with VM. Other than that the skill should be fine then. Anything more will nerf it to uselessness, which if you keep protecting the skill when it is clearly OP... that will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 02:22 AM
isnt there any way to free a Viral target ???