Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoroth View Post
However, it does seem the best time for them to apply patches and so on. The only problem is they're doing it practically every other day at the moment. Yes they're fixing bugs, but can we not do it on say a weekly basis for patches?
New games almost always patch daily for the first week or two. After that STO should fall into a weekly patch schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post
How is this 'screwing' Europe?

Its out of prime time for both US and EU.

Its ideal. Be thankful they are AWAKE at 3 am to do this work.
I'm from Europe, and I second this. Out of European prime time. I feel for the guys in Asian/Australian time zone though.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-05-2010, 05:04 AM
For this week the times really suck since I took a week vacation to play the game and it's really cutting into the playtime, but after this week I don't really care anymore since I'll be back at work. Just as long as it's working properly at prime time.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Cryptic did start putting GMT time in their outage maintenance posts as a result of European customer requests so they do know you are there.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
For those people who still believe this is intolerably unfair.

http://www.fmylife.com/

There might be worse off people than you out there.

Remember your Misery is our Entertainment!
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
I'm from EU myself. And seeing that Cryptic is US based, and has a "one server structure", US time takes priority. Get over it already...
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I know it's been said over 9000 times already but I'm much happier them doing it at this time than between 7-10pm or something. And they are up at 3am doing it after all, I don't envy their job.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-05-2010, 05:15 AM
If they were screwing Europe over like this minority post is alluding to then all Cryptic would have to do is patch a few hours later, lets say 9am PST? That would be 5pm GMT, and at would likely be far more convenient for them to do so.

No matter what they do complaints will happen, nature of the beast I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramistrov View Post
I can understand your frustration regarding this as I live in England however Cryptic will probably try and plan maintenance when the least amount of players are active, so as to impact the least amount of players possible.

I would imagine, although I am far from certain this means it will nearly always be on European time as oppose to the US as they will have more active players so if it was scheduled on US time it would impact more players.
Why is it that people allways assume that us has more mmo players then europe?
Do you know how many countries fall under the euro blanket? lets see- uk/all of western europe/russ/china/auz/nz - i proberlly forgot some but that player pool is by far larger then us is.
So thinking that us is the majority is really shooting yourself in the foot.
They should and proberlly do (if not well then they are jsut as shortminded) try and fit things in so that everyone benefits not jsut the usa!
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
Why is it that people allways assume that us has more mmo players then europe?
Do you know how many countries fall under the euro blanket? lets see- uk/all of western europe/russ/china/auz/nz - i proberlly forgot some but that player pool is by far larger then us is.
So thinking that us is the majority is really shooting yourself in the foot.
They should and proberlly do (if not well then they are jsut as shortminded) try and fit things in so that everyone benefits not jsut the usa!
And they're all in the same timezone? :p