Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Trial
02-05-2010, 04:11 AM
I love Star Trek but dont want to pay 45 and then not like the game is there a trial period (like lots of other MMO's give) I can get without buying the full game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
if u mean a version that cancels it self out afther 1 month the answer as far as i know is sadly no

biggets problem with this mmo is that in order to be able to play u still have to purchase a game time extension before u are able to activate the acount even though it comes with a 30 days free time if i remember my wow start period there was a voucher with a 30 day time in it to prevent that problem but might be mistaken long time ago when wow was still vanila.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Kiss up to one who owns a collector's edition. The CE includes:

Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a three-day trial of Star Trek Online. Codes can be transmitted digitally or physically.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer99999
if u mean a version that cancels it self out afther 1 month the answer as far as i know is sadly no

biggets problem with this mmo is that in order to be able to play u still have to purchase a game time extension before u are able to activate the acount even though it comes with a 30 days free time if i remember my wow start period there was a voucher with a 30 day time in it to prevent that problem but might be mistaken long time ago when wow was still vanila.
not true you have to purchase the game yes but you dont need to pay for extra gime time. when you register for most MMO's these days they ask for credit card info usualy you can cancel your account and continue to play untill your free 30days expire. untill your 30 days expire you will not be charged for more game time, this is true of STO but you need to be careful how you cancel your account
found this in another post on a similar billing question
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=102320
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

They need a form of subscription. be it credit card, paypal, whatever. This is purely a verification procedure. Sometime (not all), cryptic will send a $1 verification amount to the card/account, depending on the method of billing chosen. This is to make sure that account actually exists. It's a legal requirement to combat fraud.. That $1 will be fully refunded to your account within 3-5 business days.

The subscription you enter will not bill you anything at all, until your 30 free days are up. If you still think they will, once you enter your subscription information and billing info, hit cancel subscription. You will get a message asking if you want to cancel immediatley. Choose no. This will stop cryptic billing you after the free time, and also allow you to use the 30 days in full. If you choose yes to that option, then you forfeit all remaining gametime.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 04:37 AM
The game was just released. Generally games don't offer a trial until it's been around for a little bit.