Lt. Commander
# 101
02-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
Maintainence is at 2pm? Wierd, I'm normally at work, and the kids are in school at this point.

Unless you're a house-bound cripple, retired or off sick, you should really think about getting a job.

If you're a housewife/husband maybe you should be in the kitchen doing the dishes!

[edit] this is directed at UK/EU players, I have every sympathy for the Aussies who are utterly shafted by this.
Speaking as a UK player and, temporary house-bound cripple, I have no problem with the downtime but some issue with the tone of this message.

J
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper08 View Post
To Peregrine_Falcon

Whilst I have no problem with the downtime and can understand why any maintainance will always upset someone I am a little perturbed as to your generalisation that players should be either in school or in work....where do I fit in.....I AM RETIRED...or am I not allowed to play games online.???

Viper
YOU should be old and mature enough to understand that they have to run server maintenance sometime. And as an old foggey like me, you should understand that anyone who complains about this time frame (which isn't going to change and is about the same time that most MMOs on the planet have their maintenance) is acting like a petulant teenager.

Or, perhaps you can explain to me when exactly should Cryptic do the server maintenance???

Oh and by the way, just so you all know, Atari (formerly Infogrames) is a FRENCH company. As in their headquarters is in FRANCE. So you might want to think about that before you start your usual whining about discriminating against Europeans or some such whiney nonsense like that.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranian
Well, I think retirement sounds great. I'm thinking of retiring at 35. Trouble is, I've got to clear over half a million in debt first and then put enough aside until Ireach a pensionable age.

I won't assume you've reached a pensionable age because you might have won the lottery. Still, must be nice to relax, open up the keyboard and blat some Klingons... or Federation players

Don't worry. I'm sure you fit in somewhere lol
Yep, need the rietirement time to actually figure out what this game is all about. Have been gaming for years, started on a Commodore 64, but never tried an MMO so STO is a first. Will figure it out eventually!!!

Viper
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Frell me...

China....Australia...New Zealand in Europe.....wow, just wow....

Kid, you need your geography knowledge checked asap:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Now I'm just waiting for the Aussies to pipe in, their rants against maint time during their primetime are epic.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
YOU should be old and mature enough to understand that they have to run server maintenance sometime. And as an old foggey like me, you should understand that anyone who complains about this time frame (which isn't going to change and is about the same time that most MMOs on the planet have their maintenance) is acting like a petulant teenager.

Or, perhaps you can explain to me when exactly should Cryptic do the server maintenance???

Oh and by the way, just so you all know, Atari (formerly Infogrames) is a FRENCH company. As in their headquarters is in FRANCE. So you might want to think about that before you start your usual whining about discriminating against Europeans or some such whiney nonsense like that.
Whos slow down man...can't you see a joke when you see one. If you care to read my post properly you will see that I have no problem with the downtime and the joke was aimed at me not fitting into your categories of School or work. Get a life mate, take a chill pill and calm down or you'll never reach retirement!!!!:p:p:p

Viper
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-05-2010, 05:26 AM
No one likes downtime but we are on Cryptics schedule, they have to be able to do the updates when the team is available to do them. I work in a tech department and if we do anything after hours its a nightmare, people dont want to come in to test because its too late at night, their natural sleep pattern (and mine) means that if we work late at night then our work isnt quite as good, we hit more brick walls because of tiredness etc

Essentially what im saying is id rather Cryptic did it as part of their normal working day so that the updates go through with minimal issues, if they try to appease everyone they would be working stupid late hours and you can bet there would be a lot more problems.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
Maintainence is at 2pm? Wierd, I'm normally at work, and the kids are in school at this point.

Unless you're a house-bound cripple, retired or off sick, you should really think about getting a job.

If you're a housewife/husband maybe you should be in the kitchen doing the dishes!

[edit] this is directed at UK/EU players, I have every sympathy for the Aussies who are utterly shafted by this.
You forgot to look at other things like some people might be off and at home for other reasons like in a part time job that does not include fridays, Our company being accounts is a mid size firm and when it lost some of its biggest clients some of us got our hours cut back (I got let of lightly and cut back to 4 days only with friday off).

(Forgot to mention some people might have a reason to be in. Today I had to wait in was given a time inbetween 10 - 2 for someone to come and look at why we were not getting hot water out our taps) or someone might be waiting in for something else and had the day booked off.

I also got holiday time to use and was planning on some STO game time since some of my friends are at work and go out in the evening with them.

But to be fair with cryptic I saw this message yesterday night so its not like cryptic pulled this out the hat so we had plenty of warning to plan other stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

You should be old enough to know that your horrid blue tones trying to make a standout post is actually more irritating THAN ME SHOUTING IN MINE! What has atari got to do with this? they are only the publishers man they also have "Headquarters" in most major country's
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-05-2010, 05:37 AM
You know, it really is nice to see Federation values crossing over into the real world. Makes me all warm a fuzzy inside.

(Unless you're all RPing Klingons!!)