Lt. Commander
# 1 New or Old BO Bug?
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I just promoted from LT Commander to Commander, I trained my Tac and my Sci officer up to Lt. Their LT and ENS sills both show up for space, however my Lt Eng who prior to the promotion had two skills ENS and LT, now is only showing his LT skill. Any ideas as to why? He is trained in Emergency Power to Shields and Reverse Shield Polarity but the RSP does not show anymore... At a loss on this one.

Any help would be appreciated :>
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
The skills your BOFs can use in space are limited to the level of station they're at. If you seat your BOF at an ensign station, only the ensign ability can be used (regardless of your BOFs rank). If you seat him/her at a Lieutenant station, both their ensign and lieutenant abilities can be used.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
The skills your BOFs can use in space are limited to the level of station they're at. If you seat your BOF at an ensign station, only the ensign ability can be used (regardless of your BOFs rank). If you seat him/her at a Lieutenant station, both their ensign and lieutenant abilities can be used.

OK stupid question then... I did not know we could assign them to a station heh and I was in Open Beta for the full two weeks. If I may, how does one do this, Dialouge from the bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Press 'U' to open your character window. Select your ship, and then click on the 'Assignments' tab. You'll see two windows. The top are your ships console stations, the lower is your standard away team. Place your officers where they can be most beneficial to you (just keep in mind that a tactical officer can only go to a tactical console - can't man a science or engineering console). Pay close attention to your BOFs abilities- so that you can get the most out of them at each console.

For instance, my ship has two tactical consoles. My first tactical officer has two rad space abilities, but my second only has one rad space ability. I put my first tactical officer into my lieutenant station, so that I'll have access to both of his abilities. This places my second officer at the ensign station, where I can only get the ensign ability (which is fine, because it's a rad ability and I don't need their second one).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Press 'U' to open your character window. Select your ship, and then click on the 'Assignments' tab. You'll see two windows. The top are your ships console stations, the lower is your standard away team. Place your officers where they can be most beneficial to you (just keep in mind that a tactical officer can only go to a tactical console - can't man a science or engineering console). Pay close attention to your BOFs abilities- so that you can get the most out of them at each console.

OK I am a complete and utter idiot for missing that. Thank you so very much for the imput, the Borg shall now be assimilated into my Phasor Streams.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 01:08 AM
If you check out Su's *amesome ship chart here*, it shows which level of officer (and therefore their available abilities) for each ship type. You assign them in the usual way on the assignments' screen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantlurker View Post
If you check out Su's *amesome ship chart here*, it shows which level of officer (and therefore their available abilities) for each ship type. You assign them in the usual way on the assignments' screen.
Ha ha, you linked to the Star Chart...

Awesome Ship Chart

Hope that helps!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 05:34 AM
So once I am a Lt Cmdr I can promote all of my BOFF's to Lt?? Is this correct?

And then all my Lt's can have two skills but will only be able to use the skills according to their station, in other words a Lt station can use two abilities and an Ensign station can only use Ensign abilities?? Or can the ensign station only use one ability whether it be a Lt or Ensign skill?