Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Dual torps front
02-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi all,

I just got my t4 escort and was curious if you ran two torpedo tubes forward and used High yeild III, would you then fire 8 torpedos? I currently fire 4 and with the cool downs I've been thinking of going to dual torpedo tubes front for a bit now.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Unless you have two tactical officers with High Yield Torps, it stands to reason only the first salvo would benefit from it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 05:42 AM
High Yield will show that both tubes are loaded, but only one will fire. This because of a cooldown that will be put on the 2nd tube when you fire the first one. It's like when you use more than 1 cannon, the 2nd one will be put on a short cooldown too.
How long it is, I can't remember.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak
High Yield will show that both tubes are loaded, but only one will fire. This because of a cooldown that will be put on the 2nd tube when you fire the first one. It's like when you use more than 1 cannon, the 2nd one will be put on a short cooldown too.
How long it is, I can't remember.
If memory serves, for photons the cooldown is 3 sec and the recharge is 6 sec.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 05:46 AM
In general, using more than one torpedo launcher lowers your overall sustainable DPS. One launcher is optimal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Other thing to note, is when you have more than 1 BO skill affecting anygiven weapon type.
(IE 2 BO's w/ High Yeild Torp, or 1 w/ High Yeild, 1 w/ Torp spread)

When you activate the 1 BO skill it puts a short CD (I think its 10-12seconds) on the other BO skill(s)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 05:49 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88576

Scroll down to Torpedo Launchers in post two for an excellent explanation of how multiple torps work.

Quote:
When you activate the 1 BO skill it puts a short CD (I think its 10-12seconds) on the other BO skill(s)
Shared cooldowns are 20s.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDFTigerTank View Post
In general, using more than one torpedo launcher lowers your overall sustainable DPS. One launcher is optimal.
Unless the cooldowns and recharges have changed since open beta, this is incorrect.

For example, one photon launcher lets you fire a torp every six seconds. Two photon launchers lets you fire a torp every 3 seconds, doubling the dps.

The numbers vary with different launcher types - I think the link that Ruin9 gave above discusses this in more detail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
Unless the cooldowns and recharges have changed since open beta, this is incorrect.

For example, one photon launcher lets you fire a torp every six seconds. Two photon launchers lets you fire a torp every 3 seconds, doubling the dps.

The numbers vary with different launcher types - I think the link that Ruin9 gave above discusses this in more detail.
exactly, and i believe i read a thread where a 3 forward launcher setup would allow near continuous fire each launcher being fired after it's CD.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 PM.