Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 05:52 AM
yeah i had 20 messages from them when i checked last night. just deleted them all without opening. Can't anything be done about this?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 05:52 AM
They should implement some kind of natural flagging server program, that tags certain words, and/or phrases.

Also, I think when we report a character, it should really add a flag against the @user instead, that the GM's can easily view all the user's recent chat Log's, Not just from their single character.

This would allow the GM's to see if the person(s) have recently posted Currency Selling Mail or Chat, efficiently.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandermir
Stupid thing is that its sooo easy to get energy credits - most people have more than they usually spend by lvl15 or so - But think this is something the Dev's need to start issuing bans on IP's and accounts for.
They do. The problem is that right now all the spammers are using the free 2 day trial codes from Del Taco.

Once that ends, the volume of spam should drop (assuming they don't have a very open trial that allows players to do anything with it, including sending out mails).
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 05:54 AM
as a player of EVE Online, and having heard discussions from other MMORPG players, I have to say that the problem is that a lot of these "gold farmers" are either using faked CD keys or illegal credit cards, I myself unfortunately had a situation where my card was illegally used by someone in Korea to purchase a game code for World of ********, luckily my back-history of purchasing, and a note from the local hospital proved that I could not have purchased that, or even been in Korea at the time, but that is a different Story.

Best option I can come up with via playing EVE so much is "report them to Dev's and ignore it" but the problem is that 1% that do buy off them, the will carry on, because that 1% cannot be bothered to play the game to get the cash, they want it NOW, take the Danube class for example, I would like one, but it would take me a good month or so to buy it at its current price.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Attention Please:

Due to a mix-up in Urology, apple juice will not be served in this thread.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 06:14 AM
The other unfortunate thing is that the account that does the spamming is not the same the account that holds the gold, engergy or whatever and the spamming account also does not do the trading. Those combined make it difficult to stop. The farmers expect the spamming account to get banned so it is a throw away.

What the games companies have to do is run a sting operation, they probably do this but don't announce it, ie make arrangments to buy gold and then ban the trading account and investigate any accouts trading with the trading accounts.

The game companies can also limit what trial accounts can do that would limit how well the spammer can get thier message out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottodefe View Post
Attention Please:

Due to a mix-up in Urology, apple juice will not be served in this thread.

Thank you.
BAAAAH!!! Your soup SUCKS!!!

Lets eat fish!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Vermin (in some dialect regions, Varmint[1] or Varmit) is a term applied to various animal species regarded as pests or nuisances and especially to those associated with the carrying of disease.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 10:44 AM
You buy gold NOW.

You get gold. Gold Good. You play game fine now. You gold get!

PAY ME MONEY!

Me love you long time...sorry wrong vendor.

(Yea, there needs to be a block to all the gold spam. I am not sure how, my in box is filled with spam but it appears to be from all different players? Seems like player email addresses have been compromised and used to send out the spam. Now as to real spam I love spam and eggs.)