Lt. Commander
# 1 STO News Around the Web
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Launch day articles are streaming in from across the web. Read on for a few links.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I have one nitpick with the LA Times article, or rather, the "RELATED" link showing "Photos : Star Trek Online".

Specifically :

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-02/51977585.jpg

Quote:
They're toys, Jim
(Robert Durell / For the Times / January 26, 2010)
Models at the firmís office.
These are NOT mere "toys", Robert Durell, of whom I will trace your address and camp out on your front lawn until you retract this erroneous statement ; these are Christmas Ornaments. specifically, Hallmark Christmas Ornaments that any old lady worth her salt and who happens to collect salt shakers and other sundries would know about! I am appalled by the lack of research done by this caption and will complain to the highest court of this land for more journalistic ethics. Many are the readers of the LA times who just may happen to be Star Trek fans and would gasp and choke on their onion-flavored Funyuns (or salted Planter's Peanuts) if they had to read such gross out-right, LIES !!!

Yes, I resorted to the "L" word, in relation to a journalist, but in this case, it is true. No, I am sorry, Robert Durell must now do something else to calm the nerves of Star Trek fans everywhere, including Bangladesh, for this OUTRAGEOUS behavior !!!

Oh, and I wish to complain profusely about Al Rivera and his lack of over-abundance of the "Trek lifestyle" in his photo, number 4 in the line-up. I see a "The Tick" figurine which, everyone knows, is NOT CANON and makes a mockery out of his Trekness. In fact, I did not see ONE shirt with an Enterprise/Starfleet emblem on an employee's shirt !! By the Great Moons of Saturn, for SHAME! Also, that Red-and-Green box looks like something out of children's battling game and NOT of Starfleet or Klingon issue. Heck, I doubt if it is even Mugato-issued!

And that remote-control box...it had better control a Star Trek Toy...such as the life-sized blow-up Jeri Ryan action figure I see in the background!

Yes, this is a joke post!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Give Me Back My Powerhues!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Just thought the people at the end of the forum should be able o enjoy this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
I have one nitpick with the LA Times article, or rather, the "RELATED" link showing "Photos : Star Trek Online".

Specifically :

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-02/51977585.jpg

These are NOT mere "toys", Robert Durell, of whom I will trace your address and camp out on your front lawn until you retract this erroneous statement ; these are Christmas Ornaments. specifically, Hallmark Christmas Ornaments that any old lady worth her salt and who happens to collect salt shakers and other sundries would know about! I am appalled by the lack of research done by this caption and will complain to the highest court of this land for more journalistic ethics. Many are the readers of the LA times who just may happen to be Star Trek fans and would gasp and choke on their onion-flavored Funyuns (or salted Planter's Peanuts) if they had to read such gross out-right, LIES !!!

Yes, I resorted to the "L" word, in relation to a journalist, but in this case, it is true. No, I am sorry, Robert Durell must now do something else to calm the nerves of Star Trek fans everywhere, including Bangladesh, for this OUTRAGEOUS behavior !!!

Oh, and I wish to complain profusely about Al Rivera and his lack of over-abundance of the "Trek lifestyle" in his photo, number 4 in the line-up. I see a "The Tick" figurine which, everyone knows, is NOT CANON and makes a mockery out of his Trekness. In fact, I did not see ONE shirt with an Enterprise/Starfleet emblem on an employee's shirt !! By the Great Moons of Saturn, for SHAME! Also, that Red-and-Green box looks like something out of children's battling game and NOT of Starfleet or Klingon issue. Heck, I doubt if it is even Mugato-issued!

And that remote-control box...it had better control a Star Trek Toy...such as the life-sized blow-up Jeri Ryan action figure I see in the background!

Yes, this is a joke post!