Lt. Commander
Has anyone else noticed that pistol and dual pistol wielding npc enemies always seem to close to point blank range in combat? Am I alone in thinking this needs to be changed?

It looks quite silly when an enemy stands there shooting you directly in the face. More importantly, it confuses the camera, and makes targeting AoE attacks very difficult. Rifle and assault weapon enemies stay at long range. Im thinking pistol enemies should stay somewhat closer, but not right in your face.

Could this be a bug since most of said enemies also have melee weapons? So perhaps they are closing for melee and just not switching correctly?

Thoughts, opinions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Pistols are short range.
Generally i would say someone with pistols preferes close quarters or close combat, because of agility with small weapons. So logically what they are doing is right.
Since there are almost none interactive animations in a MMORG, because of bandwith, i do not think, there will be much change.
Besides ... hittin someone in the face with a gun, is a nice way to get rid of him, without leavin a mess
And unless you use a rifle like a bat, .... well plastic guns donīt exactly shine with kinetic force aplied
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I know they are short range, Im just saying as is it looks quite rediculous. They literaly stand in front of me. Point the gun directly at my face. And fire repeatedly. I know its a game, but this really kills the immersion for me.

All Im saying is tweak the Ai so they stand off a few feet. Like 12 or so. Then they would be reasonable threatening and still allow for effective AoE targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Be thankful they do - you can bash them with your rifle butt before they put an expose on you.