Lt. Commander
# 1 Max number of BOs question
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I am level 9, flying the newbie ship with 3 BO slots, all filled through quest rewards. I've already lost the 4th one due to "known issues". Now when I just leveled to 9 I got a message saying I received another BO, waiting for me at Sol. Now, assuming he doesn't go poof, I suppose I can't add him as a 4th member to the crew, like a BO not assigned to a console, just walking around the ship ? I will necessarily have to either dismiss him, replace one that I have, or "consume" him to train one of my existing guys?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I just got a 4th BO (my second engineering one) assigned to me. She doesn't show up in my space slots unless I swap out her for my other engineering BO, but I can beam down with her on away missions in addition to my other 3 BO's. So I've been focusing on leveling up her ground combat skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITAUV View Post
I just got a 4th BO (my second engineering one) assigned to me. She doesn't show up in my space slots unless I swap out her for my other engineering BO, but I can beam down with her on away missions in addition to my other 3 BO's. So I've been focusing on leveling up her ground combat skills.
Thanks, very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Boffs seem a little goofy at first til you get the hang of what's going on.

When you are awarded a new boff (or you buy one from Personel or from the Exchange), they show up as a candidate in your assignments tab. You have to commission them to become part of your crew. Once there, you also then have to assign them to your away team and ship stations in order to use them. At Lieutenant rank (for your captain), while you're still in the miranda-style light cruiser, you only have three bridge stations they can fill, but you can have four working for you and use them all in away missions. When you get to Lt.Cmdr rank and get your new ship, you'll have a 4th bridge station but will be able to have 6 working for you in total. These numbers will go up again later as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
BOFFs ROCK!!!!!!. in Beta i had a Bridge crew and a totaly different away team. At that point i was Lt.Com and working my bridge crews space skills alone realy worked well. as did working the away teams ground skill only. i highly recomand taking every BOFF that is offerd to you and deside if its gonna be on your Brdge or assigned to your away team. May the forc........ummmm.... i mean Live long and prospore
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
Boffs seem a little goofy at first til you get the hang of what's going on.

When you are awarded a new boff (or you buy one from Personel or from the Exchange), they show up as a candidate in your assignments tab. You have to commission them to become part of your crew. Once there, you also then have to assign them to your away team and ship stations in order to use them. At Lieutenant rank (for your captain), while you're still in the miranda-style light cruiser, you only have three bridge stations they can fill, but you can have four working for you and use them all in away missions. When you get to Lt.Cmdr rank and get your new ship, you'll have a 4th bridge station but will be able to have 6 working for you in total. These numbers will go up again later as well.
Doh!

Thinking I was limited to 4 total, I dismissed a BOF to make room for a new one *just* before I became LTC.

Oh, well. Learning is half the fun!