Lt. Commander
Very, very, very basic play/usability request:

Basics:
If I'm in say the P'jemm system, let me pull up the Map, search for DS9, and let my automated helmsman lay in a course to DS9, rather than just the neighboring sector and local systems/locations.

Game balance:
This is completely game balanced if it happens, and does not reward AFK play--you can still get pulled into NPC ambush events; you still have to actually click accept warp from sector to sector, to approach the target system, and dock/beam down.

Mechanical benefits:
Sometimes you really just want to go way over there. It's silly to have to search/click on the next system each time.

Canon/lore/RP/Trek benefits:
My ship's computer and helm I should hope can read a map more than a couple dozen light years out, considering they're already between them driving a million ton space ship and managing complex anti-matter reactions in our fancy combustion engine without ripping a hole in space/time.

Future:
In the future, if it could be expanded to a clickable map, even better, but baby steps.

(Yes, I'm basing this request on the 'auto-pilot' function in EVE Online.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
And the auto-pilot is stupid in EVE too. No one uses it because there is no point in doing so.

-1 for this idea from me. If I wanted to be able to go away from the computer and have the game pilot my ship for me, I'd have picked a different game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLANDSON
And the auto-pilot is stupid in EVE too. No one uses it because there is no point in doing so.

-1 for this idea from me. If I wanted to be able to go away from the computer and have the game pilot my ship for me, I'd have picked a different game.
And some people will like it, since it's non-game breaking and a great simple convenience.