Lt. Commander
# 81
02-05-2010, 07:06 AM
The internet is a massively parallel simulation of consciousness, which is massively parallel in self-awareness. If you are on the internet, you are part of the simulation. So the only thing on the internet is the internet, and each of you is merely a figment of the Internet's imagination.

Thus, there are no females on STO, but some of the self-aware sub-components of the 'net do think they are female.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I can say for sure that i am not Mail.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm a robot.

But a male robot. I'm in the wrong thread!

/runs out screaming
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Yes... direct yourself to the "Are there any Male Robots here?"
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Hmm. Silly post to bein with. I mean, who claims to be taking a "survey" of female gamers on an internet forum anyway? If anyone fell for that, SHAME on you.

But truthfully I can explain the "women are always men on the tintarwebs" posts.

Its simple really; those who post such things have a deep-seated desire to meet the "perfect girl" which in many of our cases is someone who is into gaming and sci-fi and fantasy or whatever. But the catch is that you can nver be sure until you meet them whether or not they are truly female. Which creates something of conflict within the man. "I'm really attracted to this person but they might be a man!" As most hetero men have a strong aversion to anything homosexual in nature they are left feeling deeply troubled and instead of risking the acknowledgement that they can become emotionally interested in another man, they prefer to insist that "There are no women on the internet" and therfore that the person MUST be a man, and just to make absolutely certain that there is no question over their sexuality, they actively attack any insinuation that a person on the internet can be female. Essentially its an extremely agressive self defense mechanism against the perceived danger that homosexuality represents.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, tea anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Hmm. Silly post to bein with. I mean, who claims to be taking a "survey" of female gamers on an internet forum anyway? If anyone fell for that, SHAME on you.

But truthfully I can explain the "women are always men on the tintarwebs" posts.

Its simple really; those who post such things have a deep-seated desire to meet the "perfect girl" which in many of our cases is someone who is into gaming and sci-fi and fantasy or whatever. But the catch is that you can nver be sure until you meet them whether or not they are truly female. Which creates something of conflict within the man. "I'm really attracted to this person but they might be a man!" As most hetero men have a strong aversion to anything homosexual in nature they are left feeling deeply troubled and instead of risking the acknowledgement that they can become emotionally interested in another man, they prefer to insist that "There are no women on the internet" and therfore that the person MUST be a man, and just to make absolutely certain that there is no question over their sexuality, they actively attack any insinuation that a person on the internet can be female. Essentially its an extremely agressive self defense mechanism against the perceived danger that homosexuality represents.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, tea anyone?
Yah, tea please.

( I'll feel much better about the human race if guys step forward and agree with your explanation :p )
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
Yah, tea please.

( I'll feel much better about the human race if guys step forward and agree with your explanation :p )
He speaks lies! Lies I say!

Seriously though, he brings up some valid points. But frankly I don't care one way or the other whether the person on the other side of the tube is male or female. Why? It's not like I'll ever meet them, so I don't see the point in caring. ...plus I'm married.

Just my two energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post
He speaks lies! Lies I say!

Seriously though, he brings up some valid points. But frankly I don't care one way or the other whether the person on the other side of the tube is male or female. Why? It's not like I'll ever meet them, so I don't see the point in caring. ...plus I'm married.

Just my two energy credits.
Can I take those two energy credits you just dropped? Times are tough.
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm a girl, and frankly, I'm not really worried about whether or not someone is a guy or girl. I'm more worried that the Klingon that just schooled me is a 12 year old.
:-)
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
Can I take those two energy credits you just dropped? Times are tough.
Sure, if some Ferengi hasn't already swooped in and nabbed em.