Lt. Commander
# 51
02-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Happy people are all busy playing the game of course!
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-05-2010, 05:06 AM
I should add i am quite happy with the game
Sure it has bugs and i have lost mission rewards, there is a bug with random stats occuring with new crewmen if the error "inventory full" comes up and other things.
Even lost items i wont get back, but you know what, all of that means nothing as if i can enjoy a cup of coffee and strut about doing what i like, all of that is just minor things that will eventually be fixed.
And yes the mission reward bug with loosing items is suppose to be solved now.

So yes happy camper that rather then refuse to accept something i use the bug report button and move on as no point to cry over have been etc
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simokon View Post
Happy people are all busy playing the game of course!
I agree.

And teamchatting, by the way, which is the only way to get any conversation forward.

There are a million players, but I dont think there are a thousand of people moaning, which is fery few people in a million.

You'd be surprised how many people closes the chat window when they play.

I love this game, BTW.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serlot
Is it me?

Online, the chat channel is filled with "this is rubbish", "that doesn't work" "cryptic should....", "I can't believe that they....".

People also seem to enjoy flaming each other, helpful advice is often clogged up with sarcastic comments.

These forums seem the same too, take the thread "how not to waste skill points again ever" in the advice section. Some guy goes to the trouble to explain his views on how the BO points work in his experience. First two responses say "thanks". The others are either a) slating him for being WRONG! (how dare he) or slating STO for not doing it their way "why isn't there a 'kill every ship in the area' skill at level one, this game is rubbish".

MMORPG's are what you make of them. can't we all just be nice to each other and have a little patience with STO while it finds its feet? I know it costs money, but I don't know of a game worthy of the name that didn't have glitches and bugs when it first came out.....But one of the major factors for people playing an MMO is the community....

If you don't like the way it's done, why not do us a favour and vote with your feet instead of bringing the rest of us down about it all?

Or is it me? where are the happy people?
The simple fact is that the one who gripes, moans, complains and ridicules Cryptic the most is the one who gest listened to the most. Hammer the hell out of the forums and you WILL get your way ... unless you are over 50... then nobody gives a shxx
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain01 View Post
Flamed me and missed the point?

yes i c wut u did thar
No i didn't flame you i just used your analogy to point out that different people like different things. You are not as clever as you think you are.

Maybe choose better analogy next time other than 'fly likes feces'?
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm still happy with STO.
I do think that they should rename the "General Gameplay" thread section to the "Naysayers on Gameplay" thread. I've never seen so many players gripe about the dumbest things before.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
The internet allows people to be anonymous, which brings out the worst in them as can be seen in the game chat on these forums which are mostly filled with nothing but anger. Most of the happy people are just quietly playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
I think every game, even well established ones, has more 'complainers' posting on forums (and global chat in game) than people who are enjoying it. This doesnt mean the game is bad. In fact, the majority of players never post on the forum and rarely, if ever, talk in global chat rooms.