Lt. Commander
# 1 Stop asking for nerfs!
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I can not emphasize this enough, but everyone that is asking for any nerf needs to stop. It ruins the game and if you feel like you should be better because "they" are too strong, then ask to make yourself more effective.

Worst case, nothing happens. Best case, they improve your abilities without hurting someone else. If there is really an issue where another ship/class is a bit strong, then they can always increase the difficulty of missions -- but nerfs hurt the characters and the community.

If X group gets nerfed because Y group asked for it, X group will be mad at Y group.

It is just a negative behavior ... so stop.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Nerfs are bad. Don't vote for nerfs.

You know who liked nerfs? Stalin liked nerfs. You don't to be like Stalin, right?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
You know who didn't like Stalin? Hitler didn't like Stalin. Wouldn't want to be like Hitler, no?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:07 AM
It is important to note that a major problem with WoW was the constant nerf/buff cycle. It made it very difficult to pin down a role in game. Warriors became sub-standard tanks for a long time, leaving warrior players without a role, due to other clasese being buffed as opposed to warriors being nerfed.

I think so long as a nerf or buff is justifiable then it should be done, but it should be done sparingly. In any PvP game a buff to one class may be a nerf to another. So in that respect it is better to nerf the NPCs if that is the issue rather than buff the player. In PvP its all about balance, so whichever action is more appropriate, buff or nerf, should be taken.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverisms View Post
You know who didn't like Stalin? Hitler didn't like Stalin. Wouldn't want to be like Hitler, no?
Well he did have that rather fetching moustache thing going on...

I dont think Churchill liked Stalin much but i'm not sure I'd want to be like him either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Is there any WWII era leader we can turn to in this situation? There must be a role model in there somewhere!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Is there any WWII era leader we can turn to in this situation? There must be a role model in there somewhere!
How about Władysław Sikorski?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Nothing jumps into my head tbh. But I suspect it was a product of the times. I mean, would you care if your leader was a little unstable if he was winning? Hmm. Who sang "We'll meet again"? I like her.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
How about Władysław Sikorski?
Please educate me, WWII is a little recent for me. I learn what I can from documentaries, but I'm a pre-history kind of guy. Anything much after the Roman "invasion" of 43 is after my time I'm afraid lol.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Nerfs are for herding, not for voting for.

Hitler, Stalin....

the only way this could go more downhill is if you started talking about "Glee" or "Twilight" - then i would have to scream.