Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I didnt have the $$ for MK IV yet. But from the information from GnawLF and Savaage (thank you both) I just learned a good deal I didnt know.
There are no comprehensive guides on what does what, and the fields and fields of rant that one has to go through to find usefull stuff makes it hard to learn what does what. I really appreciate what both of you just said.
Step 1: Go earn more money for gear
Step 2: WATCH MY POWER LEVELS - Yup Sav, I did exactly what you were referring to, firing out of cloak, didnt know that the power levels effected the dmg to the ectent you just listed.

And I appreciate you guys helping me and not just ripping at me. I know I am a newb and am actively trying to learn enough not to be

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
I think before anyone can even really think about crying nerf, they need to experience pvp as both a klingon and a federation character, in addition to realizing that every tier the balance is slightly shifted..

So far, after playing both fed and kling tier 1, I think its safe to say klings have a slight advantage.. They start with pretty solid equipment, and the feds not having an all out cruiser to soak up some damage from ambushes, its tough on the feds... this being said, solid tactics and premades can trump the balance shift. Me and 3 buddies went undefeated on the fed side last night :-)

In tier 2 i have yet to experience the fed side too much.. However, the simple fact klingons get a choice of two variations of dps ships while feds get a much more balanced makeup of dps, tank, and support.. puts klings at a slight disadvantage.

Looking foward to playing tier 2 on my fed soon..
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
I didnt have the $$ for MK IV yet. But from the information from GnawLF and Savaage (thank you both) I just learned a good deal I didnt know.
There are no comprehensive guides on what does what, and the fields and fields of rant that one has to go through to find usefull stuff makes it hard to learn what does what. I really appreciate what both of you just said.
Step 1: Go earn more money for gear
Step 2: WATCH MY POWER LEVELS - Yup Sav, I did exactly what you were referring to, firing out of cloak, didnt know that the power levels effected the dmg to the ectent you just listed.

And I appreciate you guys helping me and not just ripping at me. I know I am a newb and am actively trying to learn enough not to be

Thanks

I did not realize that money was an issue. Here is another thing, the gear you get from Ganalda Station is PvP gear. You do not need money to buy it, just Medals of Bravery which are earned by participating in PvP matches. Fastest match is the Cracked Planetoid, playing it give you somewhere around 20 medals. The weapons and consoles cost 115 medals on Ganalda, while shield, deflecot and engines will cost around 350.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
I did not realize that money was an issue. Here is another thing, the gear you get from Ganalda Station is PvP gear. You do not need money to buy it, just Medals of Bravery which are earned by participating in PvP matches. Fastest match is the Cracked Planetoid, playing it give you somewhere around 20 medals. The weapons and consoles cost 115 medals on Ganalda, while shield, deflecot and engines will cost around 350.
Wow,
Ok then I just need to participate a LOT in those battles to earn the medals to upgrade.
Did you earn/save a lot of them in tier 1pvp or just do a lot of pvp?
Do you think I should go earn some cash for the mk IV's and then pvp till I can save enough Ganalda or just jump in with what I have and go from there?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
Wow,
Ok then I just need to participate a LOT in those battles to earn the medals to upgrade.
Did you earn/save a lot of them in tier 1pvp or just do a lot of pvp?
Do you think I should go earn some cash for the mk IV's and then pvp till I can save enough Ganalda or just jump in with what I have and go from there?
The medals are broken up by tiers. T1 medals cant be used in T2. With that said, just jump in and have fun, no need to grind npcs for gear if you want pvp gear anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Try getting in a Fleet/House that uses voice for PvP (teamspeak, Ventro, etc), it makes a huge difference.

Tier2 Feds have cruisers - 5 T2 BoPs verses 5 Fed cruisers and Science ships - good luck with that.

I have yet to see T2 Feds that don't Fedball. It's an effective defense requiring a well cordinated (voice) offense.

What is your power distribution? If you are giving weapons or engines priority then your shields will get pealed easily.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatree
Hi everyone, I thought Id make a non biased observation on the FvK pvp battles on the server.

A lot of folks are complaining about klingons being way overpowered compared with federation. I have tried out both sides, and can safely say that it has been 50/50 in the matches Ive been in. I did notice though, that in deathmatches, Klingons win most of the time, but in resource battles, the feds win most of the time. I think I have seen the reason behind this.

When I played as Klingon, I noticed that folks tend to help each other out more, and also, tend to focus fire on Federation ships much more then on the Fed side. When on the Federation side, people seem to spread out all over the place, and not stick together as a whole, (unless they are balling which is boring as hell). I got jumped quite a few times in deathmatches as Fed due to the simple fact, that people were all over the place.

As for the battle cloak that people seem to hate, I actually had fun with it. Folks seem to forget to shoot torpedoes even when shields are still up. Id be inclined to say that 50% of the time, I managed to blow up a BoP while he was cloaking due to a lucky torpedo shooting. I even managed to kill one at 16 or so KM away from me by shooting a high yield torp right when he used the Evasive Manuever/Engine Battery combo.

Anyway, from all the pvp Ive done, I can safely say that I think both sides are well balanced, and that those who fight and help each other as a team, will most likely win at the end of the day.
Add one more bright spot.

Thank you sir. I am sure you will find things that you feel are unbalanced - we all do. The important thing is to improve yourself and gain perspective.

Kudos.

The game is so much more fun when your skill level and the skill level of your team goes up, and you have some really honestly challenging matches. This game brings a smile to my face sometimes, and it's not when we win 15-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Try getting in a Fleet/House that uses voice for PvP (teamspeak, Ventro, etc), it makes a huge difference.

Tier2 Feds have cruisers - 5 T2 BoPs verses 5 Fed cruisers and Science ships - good luck with that.

I have yet to see T2 Feds that don't Fedball. It's an effective defense requiring a well cordinated (voice) offense.

What is your power distribution? If you are giving weapons or engines priority then your shields will get pealed easily.
A simple fedball is easy to break, but it requires coordination.

T2 tactics went like this :

First, feds were cluless and got jumped all over space and lost.

Then feds started the fedball, and won every time.

Then kdf found ways to break the simple fedball.

Now kdf can break the simple fedball, but feds coordinating require a much higher level of play.

I am of the opinion that a good fed team will beat a good kdf team in t2. That's hard to substantiate, but that's how I feel.

T1, a good kdf team will beat a good fed team.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
All these replies remind why I love being part of a new games launch. Just learning about the game and finding out new strategies and ways to beat others is so awsome. I just hope this community works together instead of fighting one another like in most MMO's. I always had a saying in games I've played over the years;

Don't look for ways to nerf other classes, look for ways to improve your own.