Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashrod
I've bought the game and it comes with 30 days without having to pay so it is a free gift with the game. I have sent a ticket complaining about it. The game should allow me to enter it for the 30 days without needing extra details about how I plan to pay after thirty days. I want to use game cards which I hope if my experience with other online games is the ones you buy out shops. So why exactly is the game needing FUTURE details which are not neccessary in the game at the moment. I have spent an hour and a half almost trying to get into the game why can't this be simple like every other game.
Ah yes, now i understood your issue. Sorry i can't help you with that issue, since i have bought a lifetime sub up front, and havent tried to use those free 30 days. But i can see how that issue is possible, and it's pretty ****ed up imo.

Send Phox a PM, he's there for this
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Who is Phox?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashrod
Who is Phox?
Official Community Rep.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Here's another question (sorry I don't use the forums this much normally) how do you send messages?
EDIT: Figured it out don't bother answering
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
It's been a while, so my recollection may be foggy, but I'm pretty sure WoW wanted subscription info upfront as well, before you could start in on your 30 "free" days ...
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
It's been a while, so my recollection may be foggy, but I'm pretty sure WoW wanted subscription info upfront as well, before you could start in on your 30 "free" days ...

Yes, and if I remember rightly, WoW continued billing me for about three months after I stopped playing, despite the fact that I stopped playing, and deactivated my account before the trial period has even finished, so they actually had no right to charge me a single penny. They also filed to respond on any occasion that I tried to contact them about it.

I actually check every game I buy now to make sure to it's not made by Blizzard. If it is, I won't buy it, simple as that.

But more on-topic, I have the same problem as the OP. I'm on the 'add subscriptions' page of the setup process, and when I enter the code on the back of the manual (marked '30 days game time included in this activation code, redeemable at...) it tells me 'This is not a valid Game Card key.'

Well of course it isn't a valid game card key, because it's not a bloody game card. I just want my free 30 days. Damn you, Atari!!