Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
The risk of frying a system should and could be implimented if power levels hit highs of 150+ though Beam overload would quickly defuse the situation if you had a lil counter come up saying 'overload in 5....4...' etc... but it would add more of a gamble to it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
Removing the Cap, letting you get it to 200 and then frying that subsystem would be pretty good balance imo.
You honestly believe that? Let's assume that Cryptic decided to take your advice and allow that.

Except your thinking of a situation where currently subsystems are disabled for only a few mere seconds. What if they were disabled for a lengthy amount of time. Let's say: the same amount of time as a VM (excpet only to one subsystem). Think you would enjoy your ship if it had NO weapons it could fire for 15 seconds? OR no shields for 15 seconds? (Lol, your dead) Or no engines for 15 seconds(lol your dead) or no auxiliary for 15 seconds? (lol your dead)

3/4 of the systems are integral to your ship functioning optimally in combat. Being able to turn is just as important as being able to move, which is just as important as keeping your shields up.

That's just silly. I know personally I wouldn't do it. Not in the current incarnation of PvP gameplay as it is anyhow.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
You honestly believe that? Let's assume that Cryptic decided to take your advice and allow that.

Except your thinking of a situation where currently subsystems are disabled for only a few mere seconds. What if they were disabled for a lengthy amount of time. Let's say: the same amount of time as a VM (excpet only to one subsystem). Think you would enjoy your ship if it had NO weapons it could fire for 15 seconds? OR no shields for 15 seconds? (Lol, your dead) Or no engines for 15 seconds(lol your dead) or no auxiliary for 15 seconds? (lol your dead)

3/4 of the systems are integral to your ship functioning optimally in combat. Being able to turn is just as important as being able to move, which is just as important as keeping your shields up.

That's just silly. I know personally I wouldn't do it. Not in the current incarnation of PvP gameplay as it is anyhow.
Yes, I honestly do. You are throwing out an arbitrary number of your choosing.

Let me throw out some then.
Disable systems for 5 seconds afterwards. No Engines for 5 seconds (Lol, Still alive) No weapons for 5 seconds (Lol, still alive) no shields for 5 seconds (Lol, still alive). no aux for 5 seconds (Lol, still alive)

You can also add negative benefits without having to disable systems, like -75 to a system after it overloads.

How about contributing, instead of flaming every idea as being idiotic, and saying NO it won't work, without offering an alternative?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
The cap is a good thing. If it were removed there wouldn't be anything in this game you wouldn't need batteries for, because either powers would be balanced to be acceptable at 200 power setting, and then you would always need a battery, or they would be balanced to be acceptable at 100-125 and then as soon as you use a battery they become completely overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
The cap is a good thing. If it were removed there wouldn't be anything in this game you wouldn't need batteries for, because either powers would be balanced to be acceptable at 200 power setting, and then you would always need a battery, or they would be balanced to be acceptable at 100-125 and then as soon as you use a battery they become completely overpowered.
I agree. Raising the cap simply means inflation of existing abilities to reach that cap. Removing the cap means either instant death (300+ weapons?) or immortality (300+ shields?).

I like the cap as is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I agree. Raising the cap simply means inflation of existing abilities to reach that cap. Removing the cap means either instant death (300+ weapons?) or immortality (300+ shields?).

I like the cap as is.
Surely wouldnt that balance out if one had 300 weapons power hitting a 300 shield?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnek View Post
Surely wouldnt that balance out if one had 300 weapons power hitting a 300 shield?
shields only affects regen, which only hits once every 6 seconds, if someone has 300 weapon power chances are your gonna die before 6 seconds regardless of your shield power.